There is a vast difference between the 2.0 and 2.1 speaker systems. In 2.1 speaker systems, the main center of attraction is the subwoofer that is responsible for reproducing low-pitched audio frequencies called bass. Its typical frequency range is about 20 to 200 HZ.
A 2.1 computer speaker is typically a 3-piece set speaker that involves a subwoofer and two satellite speakers. Your movies, songs, and games could get a new life with these speaker systems. The sound quality that they produce is matchless. The dynamic audio with excellent bass is what matters the most. And that’s why many music lovers and gamers prefer 2.1 computer speakers over 2.0 systems.
So, if you need changing your computer speakers, then you should go for a 2.1 computer speaker system. But as there are many 2.1 speaker systems available in the market, so it is not easy to select the right one according to the needs and budget.
Therefore, we are going to provide you with a list of 10 best 2.1 computer speakers to make things easier for you. Also, we will guide you on what items you should focus on to buy the best 2.1 computer speaker for personal usage.
Best 2.1 Computer Speakers of 2019
1. Logitech Z623 400 Watt Home Speaker System, 2.1 Speaker System
One of the best 2.1 speaker systems that produce studio-quality audio sound is the Logitech Z623 home speaker system. It is a THX-certified speaker that blows your ears and mind with excellent and in-depth sound quality with punchy bass.
This speaker system has a subwoofer and two satellite speakers that produce 200 Watts (RMS) average power output that can meet the needs of a large entertainment room. The right satellite speaker has a power button and volume and bass controlling knobs. The speaker system is also equipped with a 3.5mm auxiliary port to connect with various audio sources. Also, there is a headphone jack to go private anytime.
The subwoofer with 2 THX speakers produces loud, high-quality, and detailed sound that will give a new life to your music and games. It has a lesser bass extension, but the bass is still brilliant and intuitive. The highs are not that bright, but they are good enough to make you feel like you are in a real music world.
- Compact design
- THX certified
- Excellent bass
- Build quality is not up to the mark.
2. Logitech Z-2300 THX-Certified 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer
Another THX-certified speaker system in the list that provides studio-quality listening experience is the Logitech Z-2300. The audio sound of these speakers is so much detailed that will double the fun of watching movies, listening to music, and playing games.
It has a squat box subwoofer that measures 10 inches and has a 120W driver that measures 8 inches. Along with a sub, two satellite speakers are angled in an upward direction. They have a total power of 80W and have 2.5-inch drivers.
Wired remote controlling equipment is also the part of the system that has the volume and bass volume knobs. Also, the power button and headphone jack are the part of the wired remote. Moreover, the system comes with an audio adaptor for connecting game consoles and other devices with ease.
The sound quality is the main power of this speaker. Bass is outstanding without a doubt that does not distort at higher volume levels. And the speaker driver reproduces the high and mid-range frequencies much accurately.
- Wired remote controlling equipment
- Quality bass and detailed sound
- Have a video game console adaptor
- There are hardwired speaker wires
3. Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless Bluetooth Enabled 2.1 Speaker System
This amazingly designed 2.1 speaker system delivers crystal clear sound. Likewise, its excellent glass body design, it produces deep bass to provide listeners with excellent audio quality. The best thing about this speaker is the integrated Bluetooth technology for wireless connectivity.
Both the subwoofer and satellite speakers are made up of glass. The sub is down-firing and a little bit bulky; whereas the satellites are 10-inches tall. Each satellite consists of four full-range transducers to provide crystal clear sound. The sub is equipped with a 3.5mm port to connect with different sources. Also, there are touch-sensitive volume buttons and the bass volume knob.
When it comes to sound quality, then its strong bass output will surely make your music sound great. Forty watts of amplification is responsible for providing rich, clear, and realistic sound. Also, HARMAN TrueStream provides amazing listening experience when going to stream wirelessly. Moreover, there will be no distortion even at higher volume levels. Along with clean and clear bass, treble and midrange are also clear.
- Different and unique design
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Harmon Kardon sound
- Easily adjustable satellite speakers
- There is no headphone jack available
4. Genius SW-G2.1 2000 2.1 Channel 45 Watts RMS Gaming Woofer Speaker System
If you are a gamer then this Genius SW-G2.1 2000 speaker system is the ideal choice for you. It comes with a 6.5-inch wooden cabinet subwoofer along with two full-figured satellite speakers. Also, there is a separate volume and bass control unit.
Control unit is also packed with various other inputs. There is a 3.5mm headphone jack, first microphone jack, and line input jack along with the inputs of stereo RCA and 3.5mm primary and auxiliary inputs. Also, you can turn your speaker on or off with the help of a control unit.
The speaker system generates realistic sound due to having detailed mid to high range frequencies along with strong and deep bass. Your gaming experience will surely enhance after using these speakers. It generates a total output power of 45W (RMS) that is enough to blow your mind.
- Rich and deep bass
- Separate control unit for volume and bass
- Built-in pulsating LED
- Multiple inputs for different devices
- Build quality is not up to the mark
5. Edifier USA 2.1 Speaker System (M3200)
A decent audio speaker system with a unique design that is best for your entertainment room is M3200 2.1 speaker. It comes with a tall cuboid shaped subwoofer with two magnetically shielded satellites. Also, a remote control pod is there that connects with subwoofer via plug.
The subwoofer has a 5.5-inch driver and has two line-in ports to connect different playback devices. Each satellite is equipped with a midrange driver and tweeter. Twitters are placed on top, and midrange drivers are placed at the lower part of the satellites. The remote control pod also has a 3.5mm auxiliary input along with a headphone jack and a power button.
If we talk about the audio quality of these speakers, then it is decent. The subwoofer produces sufficient bass that is not detailed but smooth. Also, the midrange and highs are clear.
- Beautifully designed
- Decent audio quality
- Three 3.5mm line-in ports for connecting playback devices
- Audio is not much refined
6. Boston Acoustics BA635 3-Piece Multimedia Computer Speakers
Another best 2.1 computer speaker that is known for its crispy clear sound is the Boston Acoustics BA635 multimedia speaker. This portable and affordable device comes with a powerful subwoofer and two 2-inch wide speakers that are ideal for small spaces.
The right speaker has a volume knob to increase or decrease the volume of the speaker. Also, the speaker has various inputs that are used to connect with the other speaker and the subwoofer and other playback devices. Also, there is a headphone jack to go private anytime.
The sound quality of this speaker system is decent. The speakers produce clear and crisp sound to provide you with a fantastic multimedia experience. The highs and midrange of this speaker system are detailed. Also, the lows are much refined.
- Clear and detailed sound
- Compact size to save desk space
- Powerful subwoofer
- No easy way to mount the speakers
7. Edifier USA Prisma Encore 2.1 Bluetooth Audio (4001024)
This beautifully designed computer speaker system is best suited for watching movies, listening to music, and playing games as the subwoofer produce 40w power output along with the complete power of satellite speakers of 24w. The best thing about this speaker is the integrated Bluetooth technology with A2DP and AVRCP profile support.
The subwoofer is down-firing having a 5-inch driver and coated with UV gloss. The satellite speakers are equipped with a 19mm silk dome tweeter and 3-inch midrange unit. They deliver excellent tonal balance, minimal level distortion, and active crossover frequencies due to full integral DSP and DRC.
Along with a subwoofer and two satellite speakers, a wireless remote control pod is also available for adjusting volume and selecting the audio source. You can also connect your speaker with other different devices through an auxiliary input.
- Pleasant audio sound quality
- Touch-sensitive controls
- The wireless remote control pod
- Bluetooth functionality is not up to the mark
8. Cyber Acoustics 2.1 Subwoofer Speaker System with 18W of Power
Another compact sized computer speaker that produces enough sound to fill your whole room is the Cyber Acoustics 2.1 subwoofer speaker system. With 18W power, it can surely enhance your listening experience and bring your movies and games to life.
As it is a 2.1 speaker system, so it contains a subwoofer and two satellite speakers along with a control pod. The subwoofer is equipped with a 4-inch power pro series driver that produces flourishing bass to provide fantastic listening experience. It also has a separate bass volume control. The two satellite speakers contain 2-inch drivers that work best with the subwoofer.
The control pad has everything that you may need. There is a power button, 3.5 mm auxiliary input, headphone jack, and master volume adjustment.
The sound quality of this speaker is decent. The subwoofer and the satellite speakers work well together to produce room-filling sound, no matter which device is connected to it. The midrange is clear, and highs are smooth as well.
- A compact sized speaker system
- 18W peak power
- Satisfactory subwoofer performance
- Multi-functional control pod
- Not a long lasting speaker system
9. Cyber Acoustics 2.1 PC Computer Speakers with Subwoofer (CA-3000)
Cyber Acoustics CA-3000 computer speaker is another good quality speaker that is ideal for those who want to enhance their system’s audio. It has a significant footprint design that may improve the beauty of your room.
It is also a 3-piece system that has a 3-inch subwoofer that is down firing. It has a wooden cabinet that produces and supports excellent bass. Also, the size of each satellite speaker is 1.5-inch that is ideal for small spaces. The left satellite has nothing but the right satellite has volume and power buttons and a power indicator.
The speaker system has a built-in power amplification technology that is responsible for providing great sound without poor effects and distortion. Also, the satellite speakers produce clear and crispy midrange and highs.
- Compact design
- Down-firing subwoofer with excellent bass
- Built-in power amplification technology
- Supports different multimedia devices
- No grill covering for down firing sub speaker
10. Labtec Pulse 485 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System
Enhance the audio performance of your computer with a space-saving Labtec plus 485 speaker system. It is perfect for your room to boost the audio performance of your music, games, and movies.
The speaker has a solid 12W wooden cabinet subwoofer that produces booming bass. Along with the subwoofer, two 8W satellite speakers work well in collaboration with the sub to create a maximum output power of 56W.
Other features of this speaker system include separate volume and subwoofer level controls, multiple portable devices support, and color-coded audio cables.
The sound quality of this system is very decent. Bass is of excellent condition, and the overall system produces distortion-free sound even at high frequencies to enhance the audio listening experience.
- Wooden cabinet subwoofer
- Supports multiple portable devices
- Distortion-free sound
- Separate volume and sub-level controls
- Not a long lasting speaker system
2.1 Computer Speakers – Buyer’s Guide
Everyone wants to enhance the audio performance of their computers to listen to music, play games, and watch movies with excellent sound quality. But after purchasing the speaker systems, many people face issues of low-quality bass, treble and bass controls, and portability and adaptability of the speakers.
Therefore, it is necessary to make sure that you are buying the right speaker according to your needs. Also, it is mandatory to check the system thoroughly before taking it home. Moreover, research is the key, and also you should have all the information related to your perfect speaker.
Factors to consider when buying 2.1 computer speakers
- First is the space that is the most important thing to consider when purchasing a 2.1 computer speaker. If space is limited, go for the compact-sized speaker system. If there is more space, select the big system with big subwoofer and speakers.
- Second, check the frequency response of the subwoofer. A subwoofer can only produce deep bass when the low-frequency response range is 20 – 200 HZ. So make sure that the range mentioned on the speaker is within the said range. Some companies overstate the range; therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the range specified is not fake.
- Speakers with high power output are the ideal ones, and you should go for them. The RMS value determines power output. Therefore, it is mandatory to check whether the subwoofer has a high RMS value or not.
- Subwoofers having large dimensions are ideal to have as they produce excellent bass. The size and shape are all matters. So, always prefer large enclosures and speakers. Also, subwoofers with wooden cabinets are always preferred by the gamers and music lovers, so make sure that your system has a wooden enclosure.
- Along with volume control, separate bass and treble controls must be present in your speaker system to adjust the sound quality right from the speakers.
- Speaker systems with active speakers are ideal to have. If you go with passive speakers, then it is your choice but always prefer to have active speakers. Passive speakers are only for portable devices.
Active speakers amplify the input signals with the help of the power supply. On the other hand, passive speakers are not responsible for amplification, and they don’t need any power supply.
- A speaker system with remote control is also best. It is not mandatory but if it is required, ensure that your system has a remote control. Also, always prefer those systems that have multiple inputs.
- Usually, 2.1 computer speakers come with a subwoofer and two satellites, but some speaker systems come with additional control pods. These control pods contain 3.5mm auxiliary inputs, headphone jacks, and volume controls. So, if you need that control pod, go for it.
- It is also necessary to check online sites to go through the specifications and other details of the speaker of your choice.
- Never forget to read the reviews related to your ideal speaker so that you can get a better idea about the product. If more people are saying good things about the system, go for it. Otherwise, select the other one having more good reviews.
- Last but not least, always test the speakers before purchasing. Turn the volume up to higher levels to confirm that there is no distortion. Also, read all the details mentioned on the box to make sure that you are buying the right product.