The clay pigeon throwers are best for practice to enhance the shooting skills. No matter whether you are a beginner or professional, these clay throwing machines are best to keep so that you can get the best shooting pleasure and experience.
In the past, people use manual throwers for shooting but nowadays, many people use automatic machines for consistency, convenience, and hours of continuous shooting. They are quite easy to use and don’t require the arm strength to throw the clays.
Also, it is quite easy to throw in different directions and angles to become the master of shooting.
But when going to purchase a thrower, many people face difficulties in selecting the best ones because of the availability of various machines in the market. So to make things easier for the people, we have selected the 7 best throwers that are mentioned below.
All of these throwers include both the manual and automatic machines that you can select according to your needs and budget.
Also, there is a buying guide to know which of the factors are required to consider before buying the best clay pigeon thrower.
Clay Pigeon Throwers – Buyer’s Guide
Manual vs. automatic throwers
Before buying the clay pigeon thrower, make sure whether you want a manual thrower or an automatic one. Both of them are good in their own ways, so first decide which one would be ideal for you to use. Some users prefer automatic machines as they suit their style whereas some use manual ones for throwing clays.
Throwing range is also very important to keep in mind. Many machines support a throwing range of 50 to 70 yards or 80 yards. So, it is ideal to buy those machines that support adjustable launching so that you can achieve different distances and can throw within the range of 50 to 80 yards.
The quality of the materials used in the construction of the thrower must be excellent. You can go for the machines that are made up of heavy gauge steel if you don’t need to move them often. Just mount the shooting machine on a table or tire or fix it into the ground to load and shoot with convenience.
But if you travel more with your launcher, then it is best to go for a lightweight machine to make your traveling easier. Your thrower must be of small size and must have wheels if it is a heavy-weight product.
It is ideal to buy those throwing machines that are featured with good hopper capacity. To achieve the best and continuous shooting experience, your clay pigeon thrower must be able to hold a good number of clay stones. Some machines can hold 25 standard-sized clays whereas some have the hopper capacity of 50, 100, and even 150 clays.
The time difference between the throws is the recycle time of the clay pigeon throwing machine. Less time means, your clays will be delivered much faster. Some machines come with a recycle time of 2 seconds whereas some have a recycling time of only 1 second. But it is ideal to go with the 2 seconds cycle time.
Everyone wants to have a machine that is easy to assemble and operate. No one wants to buy a complicated machine that takes time to assemble and is difficult to operate. So, before purchasing one, make sure that your product is not complicated at all and easy to assemble and use.
Best Clay Pigeon Throwers
1. Champion WheelyBird Auto-Feed Trap
One of the best clay pigeon throwers is the Champion WheelyBird Auto-Feed Trap. It is a lightweight as well as a sturdy trap machine made up of excellent quality materials. Also, performance wise is the best of the best.
With only 2 seconds cycle time, it is the quickest and best for continuous action.
Its two-wheeled frame along with a pulling handle makes it easy to move.
It is featured with an adjustable launch angle that can be elevated up to 30 degrees. Also, the 25-foot release pedal cord favors different shooting positions.
This auto-feed trap supports maximum launching distance of 55-75 yards and has a hopper capacity of 50 clays.
The best thing about this equipment is that you can do more than 3,000 throws with a 12-volt deep cycle fully charged the battery.
- Lightweight and compact size
- 30 degrees adjustable launch angle
- Easy to assemble with DVD instructions
- 50 clays hopper capacity
- 12-volt deep cycle battery
- Safe-release switch
- Needs some adjustments to make it work perfectly
2. Trius 10201 One Step Trap
A simple and easy to shoot clay pigeon thrower is the Trius 10201 one step trap. It requires only one person to throw and shoot that makes it ideal for those who want to shoot alone.
Its strong and powerful design makes it a heavy-weighed product. If we talk about its shooting range, then it is around 48 to 52 yards with a height of 8 to 12 feet.
It allows throwing regulation singles as well as piggyback doubles. Shooting is easy as everything is set including the arm and the shooting targets. All you need is to apply tension on the arm by stepping on the pedal and watch your targets going away in one motion.
You can also throw left or right as per your needs. Also, large knobs are there for adjusting the tension.
The assembly is also quite easy as it comes partially assembled.
- Fast thrower
- Shoots single and piggyback doubles
- Requires one person to throw and shoot
- High-angle target clip
- Angle adjustment
- Partially assembled
- Not ideal for shooting in different directions
3. Birchwood Casey Clay Target Thrower
Another best target thrower is the Birchwood Casey Clay Target Thrower. It is a handheld clay pigeon thrower that is quite easy to load and throw. It looks quite solid in one’s hand but is light in weight and doesn’t hurt your shoulder.
The best thing about this clay thrower is that it works very fast. It’s auto cocking design makes it a fast operator where it throws four to five times faster as compared to other equipment. Also, it supports clays with different sizes.
You can throw within the range of 55-65 yards but are only allowed to throw single clays as it only supports one piece at a time.
You can also do straight throws as well as it supports throws with different angles.
It is also effortless to use and requires no maintenance at all.
- easy to load and throw
- fast and controlled throwing
- throwing range of 55-65 yards
- good quality material
- No preset angles as it is manually operated
4. Trius 2 Birdshooter Trap
Unlike the Trius one step shooter, it requires two persons to launch and shoot perfectly. Also, it is slightly lighter in weight but made up of heavy gauge steel that adds durability to the equipment.
To keep it firmly attached to one place, you can either tire mount it or use your foot to provide stability to the thrower. Also, you have the option of throwing singles as well as piggyback doubles to have great shooting experience.
It features a high angle target retainer to enhance your shooting experience and add some variety.
Its throwing range is about 50 yards. Also, it is quite easy to use as it comes pre-assembled. And it can be easily adjusted without using any tool.
- Durable and slightly lighter in weight
- Good throwing range
- Shoots single and piggyback doubles
- High angle target retainer
- Spring and screw adjustments are not designed properly
5. MTM Clay Target Thrower
Another handheld clay pigeon thrower that is excellent in performance is the MTM Clay Target Thrower. It is made up of plastic, but the plastic body is not an average one. It looks firm and solid and doesn’t break after a couple of days.
The throwing machine is quite simple and easy to use. The comfortable and strong-grip handle with power pivot arm makes it easy to throw the clays.
No matter, whether you are a right or left-hander, you can easily use it. Also, you can throw clays in different angles as per your needs.
Its throwing range is 40-60 yards, and it constantly shoots faster for hours and hours. There are no mechanical adjustments required, and no angle elevations are included as it is a mechanical shooter.
- Easy to use
- Fast-paced shooting
- Power pivot arm and comfortable grip
- Toss anywhere packability
- 40-60 yards throwing distance
- Needs a little throwing practice
6. Do-All Outdoors Fowl Play Automatic Clay Pigeon Skeet Thrower
Another professional level pigeon skeet thrower made up of professional grade materials is the automatic trap from Do-All Outdoors.
It is easy to use and has a strong base to mount it anywhere firmly without any hassle. It has a hopper capacity of 25 clays and shoots clays within the range of 55 yards with a recycle time of 2.5 seconds.
The thrower also supports 5 to 35-degree angle of adjustment. The feeder tray pushes the clays to reach the throwing arm, and the target auto feeder loader loads the targets on to the throwing arm for fast and continuous shooting.
It is also quite safe to use as the thrower is featured with an attachable safety ring guard. Also, there is a foot pedal release with a 25-foot cord and adjustable limit switch that is used for adjusting the timings.
- Safe and powerful
- 5-35 degree angle of adjustment
- Throwing range of 55 yards
- Exceptional hold
- 12-V deep cycle marine battery
- No instructions are included
7. Champion 40901 High FlyString Release Manual Trap
The Champion 40901 is a good quality manual clay throwing machine made of the highest quality materials. It is also quite stable, but sometimes you may need to mount it on a tire or fix it on the ground for more stability.
Also, it is quite easy to use as it requires only one person to load and shoot. It features simple pull of a string, and for secure placement of the clays, there is a target clip.
The machine is perfect for delivering all the targets to different distances and has a throwing range of 60-75 yards. The spring is easy to adjust so that you can easily increase the tension to achieve a particular shooting pattern.
It is also quite easy to assemble. Also, it only throws singles, not doubles.
- Good quality materials
- Easy to operate
- Throwing range of 60-75 yards
- Balanced design
- Sometimes the arm opens up, and the clays fall down
Understanding Clay Pigeon Thrower Basics
Understanding the basics of a clay pigeon thrower is essential for a successful shooting experience. With these throwers, you can practice your aim and shooting skills in a controlled and safe environment.
What Is A Clay Pigeon Thrower?
A clay pigeon thrower, also known as a clay target thrower or trap machine, is a device used to launch clay targets into the air. It is commonly used in clay pigeon shooting or trap shooting competitions. The thrower helps simulate the flight patterns of birds, providing a challenging and realistic shooting experience for participants.
How Does A Clay Pigeon Thrower Work?
A clay pigeon thrower works by launching clay targets into the air. Here is a brief explanation of how it operates:
- A clay target is placed onto the thrower’s arm or platform.
- The thrower is then activated, either manually or electronically, using a spring-loaded mechanism or a motor.
- Once activated, the thrower quickly rotates the arm or platform, causing the clay target to be released.
- The force generated by the rotation propels the clay target into the air, simulating the flight of a bird or target.
- Shooters then aim and try to hit the clay target with their firearms.
Different Types Of Clay Pigeon Throwers
There are several different types of clay pigeon throwers available, each with its own features and advantages. Here are some common types:
- Manual throwers: These are hand-held devices that require the shooter to manually launch the clay targets by swinging the thrower in an arc.
- Spring-loaded throwers: These throwers use a spring mechanism to launch the clay targets. They are typically more powerful and can throw targets at varying angles and distances.
- Electric throwers: Electric throwers are motor-powered and offer consistent and reliable target launching. They can be adjusted for speed, angle, and trajectory.
- Automatic throwers: Automatic throwers are typically used in professional shooting ranges or competitions. They can launch multiple clay targets sequentially, providing a continuous shooting experience.
- Portable throwers: These throwers are lightweight and easy to transport, making them ideal for outdoor shooting or practice sessions.
Each type of clay pigeon thrower offers its own unique shooting experience, catering to different skill levels and preferences. It’s important to choose the right one based on your needs and shooting style. Remember to always follow safety guidelines and practice responsible shooting when using a clay pigeon thrower.
Choosing The Right Clay Pigeon Thrower
Choosing the right clay pigeon thrower is crucial for a successful shooting experience. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced shooter, finding the perfect thrower that suits your needs and preferences can greatly enhance your performance and enjoyment on the field.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional clay shooter, selecting the right clay pigeon thrower is essential. With a wide range of options available, it can be overwhelming to find the perfect one for your needs. To help you make an informed decision, we have listed the key factors to consider when buying a clay pigeon thrower:
- Durability: Look for a thrower made of high-quality materials that can withstand frequent use and harsh weather conditions.
- Capacity: Consider the number of clays the thrower can hold at once. This is especially important if you plan to shoot solo or in a group.
- Speed and Distance: Check the thrower’s capabilities in terms of throwing speed and distance. These features can vary, so choose one that matches your shooting preferences.
- Versatility: Some throwers offer multiple throwing angles and trajectories, allowing you to simulate a variety of target presentations.
- Portability: Think about whether you need a thrower that is easy to transport. If you plan on shooting in different locations, look for a compact and lightweight option.
Tips And Techniques For Using A Clay Pigeon Thrower
Discover effective tips and techniques for maximizing your experience with a clay pigeon thrower. Enhance your aim, accuracy, and overall performance with these actionable strategies. Perfect for both beginners and seasoned shooters.
Clay Pigeon Thrower:
Using a clay pigeon thrower is an exciting way to enhance your shooting skills and enjoy the sport of clay pigeon shooting. However, it is essential to use proper techniques and follow safety measures to ensure a safe and successful experience.
In this section, we will discuss some valuable tips and techniques for using a clay pigeon thrower effectively.
Proper Safety Measures While Using A Clay Pigeon Thrower:
- Always wear appropriate safety gear, including earmuffs, eye protection, and a hat.
- Ensure that the shooting range is clear and free from any obstructions or people.
- Do not load the thrower until you are ready to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to release the shot.
- Establish a safe zone and make sure that all participants are aware of it.
- Never shoot at a clay pigeon unless it is in your line of sight and within a safe range.
- Always know and follow the rules and regulations of the shooting range or facility.
Correct Stance And Body Position:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart for stability.
- Position your dominant foot slightly forward and your non-dominant foot slightly back.
- Maintain a comfortable and relaxed posture, with your weight evenly distributed.
- Keep your upper body slightly leaned forward and your shoulders relaxed.
- Grip the shotgun firmly but not too tightly.
- Keep your eyes focused on the clay pigeon at all times.
- Maintain a smooth and fluid swing as you track the target.
Techniques For Throwing Accurate Shots:
- Focus on your target and maintain visual contact throughout the shot.
- Properly lead the clay pigeon by aiming slightly ahead of its flight path.
- Engage your upper body by using your core muscles to generate a fluid and controlled swing.
- Time your shot to coincide with the peak of the clay pigeon’s trajectory.
- Follow through after the shot by continuing the swing and maintaining your focus on the target.
- Practice regularly to improve your timing, accuracy, and consistency.
Remember, using a clay pigeon thrower requires practice and patience. By implementing these tips and techniques, you can enhance your shooting skills and fully enjoy the exhilaration of clay pigeon shooting. Stay safe, follow proper guidelines, and embrace the experience!
How to Use a Hand Clay Pigeon Thrower
Frequently Asked Questions About Clay Pigeon Thrower
clay pigeon thrower is a device that throws clay pigeons. It is used to test the accuracy of a clay pigeon shooter.
People use a clay pigeon thrower to test the accuracy of a clay pigeon shooter.
A clay pigeon shooter can shoot a clay pigeon in less than a second.
A clay pigeon thrower can cost anywhere from $20 to $300, depending on the brand and the model.
The different parts of a clay pigeon thrower are the barrel, the stock, the trigger, the breech, and the magazine.
Providing a challenging and exciting shooting experience. The Champion WheelyBird Auto-Feed Trap is a top choice for clay target enthusiasts. Its robust construction and advanced features make it a reliable and efficient option. Another great option is the Trius 1-Step Target Thrower, known for its simplicity and ease of use.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced shooter, we have added a clay pigeon thrower that meets your needs. Investing in a clay pigeon thrower will not only enhance your shooting skills but also provide hours of fun and entertainment.
So, get yourself a clay pigeon thrower and elevate your shooting experience to the next level.