Toothaches are often caused by tooth decay, periodontal diseases, or bacterial infections. Other causes include trauma, gum disease, dry mouth, or other oral problems. Most toothaches can be relieved using home remedies. You can use various methods to treat toothaches, including eating healthy foods, drinking water, and using essential oils.
There are several essential oils that can help in reducing the intensity of toothaches, including peppermint, eucalyptus, clove, cinnamon, orange, lemon, etc.
You can use these oils to freshen your breath and calm the pain in your mouth.
In this post, I am sharing the best essential oils for toothache that is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. You can use these essential oils to get relief from toothache.
What is an essential oil and how does it work for a toothache
Essential oil is a natural compound derived from plant material that is used for a variety of purposes including aromatherapy and healthcare. They are highly concentrated and potent, making them an effective solution for treating several ailments.
When it comes to toothaches, many have found relief using essential oils such as clove, peppermint, and tea tree oil. These can be used by combining the oil with a carrier such as vegetable oil or jojoba oil.
One way these oils can offer relief from toothache pain is through their analgesic qualities, which help reduce inflammation and ease throbbing pain. Inhaling the vapors may also help block pain signals traveling to the brain.
By carefully following instructions on how much to use along with safety guidelines, an individual could greatly benefit from the properties of essential oils when dealing with toothache pain.
Best essential oils for a toothache are clove, peppermint, and lavender
Using essential oils to treat a toothache is an ancient remedy that remains popular today. Of all the essential oils, clove, peppermint, and lavender are widely considered to be the best for relieving the unpleasant feeling of a toothache.
While there are many different oils that can provide some relief, clove oil is often considered to be the most effective. Clove oil contains compounds that help to numb pain and reduce inflammation, making it an ideal choice for those dealing with toothache. In addition to using clove oil topically, you can also add a few drops to your toothpaste or mouthwash for extra relief.
Peppermint oil has antiseptic and antispasmodic properties which can reduce inflammation as well as provide relief from pain. Lavender oil possesses analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce swelling while numbing the area affected by pain.
For those looking for natural solutions to their dental discomfort, these three essential oils should be at the top of their list.
Top 10 Best Essential Oil For Toothache
Review of Best Essential Oils For Toothache
1. Organic Clove Essential Oil 30 ml – Clove Oil for Tooth Ache Ease
- Brand: Nexon Botanics
- Manufacturer: Nexon Botanics
Organic clove essential oil is perfect for use in diffusers, as a massage oil, or in homemade cleaning solutions. Its fresh, spicy scent will invigorate your senses and leave you feeling refreshed. It is perfect for easing toothaches and soothing sore muscles. Made with pure, natural, and undiluted clove oil, it is cruelty-free, non-GMO, and contains no additives or fillers.
- Boosts immunity
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
- Analgesic (pain relieving)
- Anti fungal
I’m so glad I found this clove oil! It’s perfect for my diffuser and it smells amazing. The oil is very potent, so a little goes a long way. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for an organic, high-quality clove oil.
2. Gya Labs Clove Oil for Tooth Aches & Pain Relief – 100% Pure and Natural Clove Essential Oil
- Brand: Gya Labs
- Manufacturer: Gya Labs
- Dimensions: Height: 2.51968 Inches Width: 1.06299 Inches Length: 1.06299 Inches Weight: 0.09479877266 Pounds `
Gya Labs Clove Oil for Tooth Aches & Pain Relief really works to relieve toothaches and pain. This 100% pure and natural clove essential oil is therapeutic grade and perfect for those looking for an organic remedy. The clove oil is effective for pain relief and can be used to massage the neck, shoulders, arms, and legs. It also works to soothe aching muscles. For best results, use 2-3 drops of the oil with a carrier oil. Its customers love the Gya Labs Clove Oil for its effectiveness in relieving pain. Give it a try today and see for yourself!
- Relieves pain and discomfort caused by toothaches
- Reduces inflammation and swelling in the gums
- Promotes healing of damaged gums
- Prevents infections by fighting bacteria
- Helps to freshen breath
I’m so glad I tried this clove oil for my toothache! It really works fast to numb the pain and it lasts a long time. I also like that it’s natural and there are no harsh chemicals.
3. UpNature Clove Essential Oil – 100% Natural & Pure
- Brand: UpNature
- Manufacturer: UpNature
- Dimensions: Height: 2.2 Inches Width: 3.6 Inches Length: 6.1 Inches Weight: 0.6 Pounds `
UpNature’s Clove Essential Oil is free of toxins, additives, and is unfiltered and undiluted . This oil is 100% pure, gentle, and effective, and is perfect for those looking for an alternative to harsh chemicals. The oil is also non-GMO and packaged in the USA.
- Helps to keep the skin healthy and free from infections
- Has a strong antimicrobial action against bacteria and fungi
- Is effective in relieving pain
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Can be used as an insect repellent
I absolutely love this oil! I have been using it for a few months now and it has really helped to improve my skin. It is so natural and pure, I can’t imagine using anything else.
4. Goodbye Toothaches – Tooth Ache Pain Relief with Clove Bud Oil, Peppermint Oil
- Brand: The Goodbye Company
- Manufacturer: THE GOODBYE COMPANY
Goodbye Toothaches is an all-natural toothache pain relief remedy that uses clove bud oil to numb the pain fast. It is also great for canker sores, gum inflammation, and other mouth irritations. This product is safe for kids and adults alike and works quickly to provide relief from toothache pain.
- Relief from toothaches and pain
- Made with natural ingredients
- Easy to use
- Safe and effective
I have never been a fan of taking medication, but when I got my first toothache, I was desperate for relief. A friend recommended Goodbye Toothaches and I’m so glad she did! The clove bud oil really helped to numb the pain and the instructions were easy to follow. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an all-natural way to get relief from a toothache.
5. Clove Bud Essential Oil, 10 ml – Pure and Undiluted
- Brand: Pure Body Naturals
- Manufacturer: Pure Body Naturals
- Dimensions: Height: 1.0 Inches Width: 1.0 Inches Length: 2.5 Inches
This clove bud essential oil is of the highest quality and purity! It is undiluted and has a potent, rich aroma that is perfect for use in diffusers or for aromatherapy. This oil has many benefits including easing anxiety, improving circulation, and boosting immunity.
- Natural antiseptic and can be used to treat minor cuts and scrapes.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to relieve muscle pain and stiffness.
- An expectorant and can be used to help clear congestion from colds and flu.
- Powerful antioxidant and can help protect the body against free radical damage.
- Has antimicrobial properties and can help fight against bacterial and fungal infections.
I’m so glad I tried this oil! I was having trouble sleeping and nothing else was helping, but after diffusing this oil for a few nights I’ve been able to sleep through the night. It has such a calming, relaxing scent and I love that it’s pure and undiluted.
6. Uncle Harry’s All Natural Tooth Ache Relief Oil with Clove
- Brand: Uncle Harry’s
- Manufacturer: Uncle Harry’s Natural Products
Uncle Harry’s All Natural Tooth Ache Relief Oil with Clove is an amazing product! It really works to relieve tooth pain quickly and effectively. The clove oil is very strong, but it doesn’t sting or burn. It’s also very easy to apply. Just a few drops on a cotton ball and you’re good to go!
- Uncle Harry’s All Natural Tooth Ache Relief Oil with Clove is an effective and natural remedy for toothaches.
- The oil helps to reduce pain and inflammation associated with toothaches.
- It can be used safely on both children and adults.
- The oil is easy to use, simply apply it to the affected area and massage it in gently.
- Uncle Harry’s All Natural Tooth Ache Relief Oil with Clove is a affordable and convenient way to treat toothaches at home.
I’ve been using Uncle Harry’s All Natural Tooth Ache Relief Oil with Clove for a few years now and I absolutely love it! I have sensitive teeth and this oil is the only thing that has ever really worked for me. It’s really easy to use, just put a few drops on your toothbrush and brush away. The clove oil gives it a nice, spicy flavor that I enjoy. And best of all, it’s all natural so I know it’s not doing any harm to my body.
7. 100% Pure Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil with high conc. of Terpinen
- Brand: First Botany
- Manufacturer: Luxor Investments LLC
- Dimensions: Weight: 0.0625 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It’s 100% pure Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil and it has a high concentration of oil, so it works great for my needs. I’ve tried other products that claim to be 100% pure tea tree oil, but this one really is the best.
- 100% pure and has a high concentration of Australian Tea Tree Oil, which makes it very useful and beneficial.
- Effective in treating various skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Can also be used to treat dandruff and lice.
- Also effective in treating respiratory conditions such as bronchitis and sinusitis.
- The product is safe to use and does not cause any side effects.
I’m so glad I decided to try this tea tree oil! I was a little hesitant at first because I’ve tried other essential oils that didn’t seem to do much, but this one is different. A little goes a long way with this stuff- it’s very concentrated. I use it for everything from acne to insect bites and it works like a charm every time. Plus, it has such a refreshing, clean scent that I just can’t get enough of.
8. MAJESTIC PURE Clove Essential Oil, Therapeutic Grade, Pure and Natural
- Brand: MAJESTIC PURE
- Manufacturer: MAJESTIC PURE
With MAJESTIC PURE Clove Essential Oil, you can feel royalty. This therapeutic grade, pure and natural oil is derived from the Syzgium aromaticum plant. It is non-toxic, and contains no additives, fillers, or filters. Clove essential oil has a sweet, spicy scent that is perfect for making any room feel more inviting.
- It can be used to ease toothaches and pain.
- Clove oil has a history of use as an antiseptic.
- When diluted and applied to the skin, it is said to ward off insects.
- Aromatherapists sometimes use clove oil as an antidepressant or for its stimulating effect.
- Some people apply it directly to the skin to treat acne, fungal infections, warts, and other conditions.
I’m so glad I tried this oil! The clove aroma is strong but not overwhelming, and it really seems to help with my headaches. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and will definitely continue to do so.
9. 20ml Clove Oil Tooth Therupatic Use Essential Oil
- Brand: Zenia / Ashwin
This is a great tooth therupatic oil! I have been using it for years to help with my various dental issues and it has worked wonders! The clove oil is very potent, so a little goes a long way. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective natural remedy for their dental problems.
- Clove oil can help to soothe toothaches and gum pain.
- It can also be used as a mouthwash to freshen breath.
- Clove oil is known for its antibacterial properties, which can help to fight cavity-causing bacteria in the mouth.
- Can also help to reduce inflammation in the gums and throat.
- Some people also find that clove oil has a calming effect on the nerves, which can be helpful if you are experiencing dental anxiety or stress.
I have been using this clove oil tooth therupatic for a while now and it works great! I have sensitive teeth and gums and this has helped to soothe them and keep them healthy. It has a pleasant taste and smell, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a natural way to take care of their teeth and gums.
10. Siva Clove Bud Essential Oil 30 ml (1 Fl Oz)
- Brand: SIVA ORGANICS
- Manufacturer: SIVA ORGANICS
This is an amazing product that has so many benefits! It can help with everything from toothaches to digestive issues. It is also great for your skin and hair.
- It can be used to make a homemade mouthwash
- Can add a few drops to your toothpaste for extra dental hygiene
- A drop or two in water can help freshen your breath
- The oil has antiseptic properties and can be used as a natural disinfectant
- Can be used in homemade cleaning products
I have used it for various things such as toothaches, cold sores, and sore throats. A little goes a long way too so the bottle lasts forever.
How to use essential oils for a toothache – diffusing, topical application, or both
Essential oils are a natural remedy for ailments such as toothache. To use them effectively, one must take the time to identify which essential oil works best for the type of pain and sensitivity felt from the toothache. Inhaling essential oils through diffusions or applying directly can help provide relief from the discomfort.
It is recommended to diffuse or apply one oil or combine several types in order to get the necessary benefit. When using a single oil like lavender, peppermint, clove, thyme or tea tree, it is important to test on a small area first to detect possible allergic reactions.
Combining oils can also help target inflammation and pain so that many of its therapeutic benefits can be achieved through topical application or by inhaling its scent when used in diffusers.
Read More : Best Tooth Brush Reviews & Buying Guide
benefits of using essential oils for a toothache – pain relief and healing
Essential oils are becoming increasingly popular for their natural ability to relieve toothache pain and promote healing. Not only are they completely safe, but they also offer multiple other benefits that can make even the most severe aches feel better.
By using a combination of essential oils like tea tree oil, clove oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, and eucalyptus oil, one can get immediate relief from inflammation and reduce the overall intensity of the pain caused by sensitivity in teeth.
Plus, the antiseptic properties associated with these essential oils help to protect against bacteria which further speeds up the healing process. Ultimately, utilizing essential oils for a toothache is a smart decision due to its known efficiency in reducing pain as well as its protective qualities when used in a safe method.
How to choose the right essential oil for your needs
With the seemingly endless array of essential oil options available, it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you. It’s important to keep in mind that essential oils are highly concentrated and should always be used with caution. The best way to select the right oil is to do your research.
Educate yourself on the unique benefits and sensitivities associated with different oils before making a decision, ensuring you know what side effects could occur or how potent each oil may be. Once you have narrowed down your options and taken safety into consideration, you can make an informed choice without risking adverse effects.
A word of caution about using essential oils – always test them first!
The use of essential oils has grown in popularity over the years, and it’s easy to accentuate the aromatherapy benefits that they can bring simply by diffusing them into your environment.
However, it’s important to always do a patch test first before using any essential oil on your skin, to ensure that you don’t have an adverse reaction. Other things to consider before using essential oils include finding out the proper way of using the oil you have chosen and diluting if necessary before applying to skin.
Essential oils are powerful substances so it’s best to proceed with caution when trying something for the first time. Doing your research and exercising some common sense will guarantee a safe and pleasant experience as you enjoy these natural products!
Essential oils are natural oils that are extracted from plants. They can be used as an alternative to conventional medicine to treat various health conditions, including pain relief. They are safe, affordable, and can be applied topically.