We live in a day of constant work. You work long hours at the office and often bring work home with you. This stressful lifestyle is painful. Physically painful. Stress causes muscles to tense up and joints to harden. This is why massage chairs have become so popular in recent times. They tend to cost a lot of money, so you want to be careful before you buy one. To help you out, we have listed the best massage chairs on the market below. Go through this list and find something that is perfect for you.
How to Buy a Massage chair that’s Perfect for you?
Sitting in a massage chair is a great way to relax at the end of a long day. Massage chairs can be quite expensive, so it is important to do your research before you end up buying something. There are also a lot of options for you to buy. Choosing the right type of chair is important because not all chairs will work for everyone. Provided below is a buying guide to help you buy the right massage chair. There are tips to keep in mind, features to look for and overall explanations that will help you understand massage chairs better.
Figure Out What Type You Want
There are lots of different types of massage chairs. Here are some types that are offered:
Zero Gravity: This chair is meant to emulate the feeling of being in space. The vibrations give you a weightless feeling which can be quite relaxing. This type of massage chair is particularly good for pain relief because you are not placing pressure on any part of your body during the massage program.
Full Body: A full body massage chair gives you a massage that closely resembles a real human massage. It involves an almost zero gravity feeling, but zero gravity chairs offer superior weightlessness. Full body massage chairs are often the most expensive products on the market because they offer the highest quality massages.
Shiatsu: These massage chairs offer a specific type of massage, namely the shiatsu massage. This style of massage originated in Japan, and is focused on deep, focused pressure on certain points of the body. Shiatsu massages are very popular and very stimulating, and shiatsu chairs are often more affordable than full body massage chairs.
Recliner: This is one of the simpler massage chairs on the market. It can be used as simple furniture in your home as well. The massage is not very intense but it gets the job done and is a lot more affordable than the full body or zero gravity massage chairs.
Seat Pad: This is the most affordable massager on the market. It’s not much of a chair, more of a cushion that you can sit on with a backrest. This type of massager usually offers one dimensional massages but it is quite affordable so it gives good value for money.
Massage Chair Features to Look For
Another factor that affects your choice of massage chair is the features that it offers. Features are often common across various chair types as well. Here are the features that are available in massage chairs:
Automated programs: These are common throughout most massage chairs, especially the more expensive kinds such as zero gravity and full body chairs. These programs are designed to give you good massages automatically.
Manual control: A good chair will give you at least some level of control over the intensity of the massage and how long each massage lasts. Some lower cost chairs don’t offer automated programs but give you control over what kind of massage you get which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Airbags: Only higher quality chairs will have this feature. Airbags give flat, even pressure to muscles. Shiatsu chairs often don’t have them because they don’t apply concentrated pressure. Full body massage chairs use these profusely, however. If you want a good chair that uses airbags, make sure it has them in the legs, back and neck regions where they would be most effective.
Intensity levels: In this regard, shiatsu chairs often win out. They offer the highest levels of intensity. Full body and zero gravity massage chairs often don’t offer as much intensity, although they do provide a fair amount. Seat pads usually offer no intensity because they usually offer heat based massages.
Rollers: Much like airbags are used for even massages, rollers are meant for more direct and concentrated massages. Shiatsu chairs use them liberally. They are great for getting rid of deep tissue pain.
Accessories: More expensive chairs often come with a lot of accessories. Cup holders, remote controls, Bluetooth speakers and feet extenders are just some examples. Pay close attention to what accessories your chair offers before you buy it. Some, like feet extenders and neck rests, are going to be necessary.
Not all of the factors affecting your purchase will be technical in nature. Some of them will have to do with practicalities, but these factors are equally important to consider. These practical considerations can help you narrow down your choices while choosing a massage chair. Here are the important things you should consider:
Space: While full body and zero gravity chairs are excellent, they take up a lot of space. Recliners, shiatsu chairs and seat pads are better for people that are short on space in their room.
Budget: This will narrow your options down a lot. If you are a budget conscious shopper, zero gravity and full body chairs are not for you. You would do better to go for recliners, or if you really want something affordable a seat pad would work nicely. It’s also important to remember that a chair doesn’t have to be expensive to be good. There are expensive classes of chairs, but within those classes are relatively affordable options you can look into. For example, a good full body massage chair can cost potentially thousands of dollars, but you don’t have to buy the most expensive one to get the best quality massage.
Warranty: While there are a lot of products you can buy without worrying about the warranty, a massage chair is not one of them. Massage chairs are expensive and technical issues are more common than you think. Make sure you get a chair with a good warranty.
Now that you have made it through this buying guide, you are finally fully equipped and prepared to find a massage chair that would give you everything you are looking for.
Top 10 Massage Chair Reviews
- 【Full Body Massage】：The 8 fixed rollers on the back massage the backrest, back and waist. Air bags on shoulders, arms, hips and calves inflate or deflate to relieve tension and muscle fatigue. Pressing the “zero gravity” button and leaning fully back with your feet higher than your heart…
- 【Relaxing Massage Chair】：Our massage chair built-in waist heater, proper temperature can enhance the massage effect, promote blood circulation and relieve muscle pain. It makes you feel very comfortable and relieving you from the fatigue of the day.
- 【Multifunctional Massage Chair】：The massage chair has 5 preset automatic modes. It has three layers of air bags, back massage rollers, foot massage rollers. You can use the tablet remote control to choose the appropriate massage mode and strength.
- 【Humanized& Bluetooth Design】：The massage chair has a retractable footstool and a rolling wheel at the bottom of the chair, so you can easily move it around the room. Bluetooth audio connection function, you can enjoy music while massage.
- 【Reasonable Packing】：The massage chair adopts two boxes of packaging, which reduces the volume of the product and the weight of a single package, reduces the possibility of problems in the transportation process, and makes the product more convenient and safe.
- Flexible Neck Massager,Snailax deep tissue massage chair pad features 4 unique neck massage nodes to kneading massage for neck & shoulders. The shiatsu neck roller can be adjusted up & down to fit specific user. Suitable for people of 63 inches – 70.9 inches (1.6m-1.8m) height. Timer:15 minutes.
- Shiatsu Back Massager with Heat, Snailax chair massager has 4 shiatsu rotation balls travel up & down relaxing full back. 3 Selective massage zones: Full/upper/lower back. Spot massage can focus on targeted area for pin-point relaxation. With heating pad for back, this heated back massager can…
- Customizable Rolling massage, Snailax Shiatsu Neck back massager with rolling massage along the spine offers soothing massage across the whole back. The width of massage balls can be adjusted to custom fit the body. VIBRATION SEAT MASSAGER, 2 levels of vibrating intensity provides you a comfortable…
- Ultimate Comfort: Use this full body massage seat cushion on the sofa, recliner,office chair to make the ultimate comfort seat in the house. The integrated strapping system secures it on chairs in place . UL approval desktop home adapter is included, the adapter is safe to use between 100-240V…
- Perfect Gifts: Snailax shiatsu massagers for neck and back is a perfect fathers day gift for Dad, for man,friend, wife or husband and any your loved ones for birthday, party or Christmas gift.Warning: Please stop to use your device once you feel the shiatsu too strong for you.
- Massager for Neck and Back Pain Relief, Comfier shiatsu neck & back massager with heat utilizes innovative 2D/3D Finger Pressure Shiatsu, Rolling, Compression, Vibration and Heat functions to help you completely eliminate fatigue, stress and relieve muscle pain. Enjoy a fantastic full body massage…
- Convenient Smart APP Control, No need to look for the control panel to adjust settings all the time. Connect “Comfier” app to enjoy the seat massager for back pain relief easily by operating your smart mobile phone. With a timer of 15 minutes so you can adjust any desired massage time within 15…
- Adjustable Neck Rollers & 2D/3D Lower Back Massage, The chair massager has 4 vertically adjustable neck shiatsu nodes, so it can fit most family members to get deep kneading massager for neck and shoulders to relax muscle tiredness. This full body massager incorporates our latest innovative…
- Adjustable Rolling & Spot Massage, The massage chair full body features soft rolling massage along the back spine combats across the whole back, the width between two massage heads can be adjusted to fit the body. Spot massage function of the massage seat allows you to concentrate massage on one…
- Optional Heat & Adjustable Compression Massage, The chair massager with heat has a heating pad that delivers gentle warmth to the back. The massager for back comes with adjustable compression massage on waist & hips that you can choose. It has 3 adjustable intensity settings. Perfect Christmas gifts…
- Adjustable neck massage chair pad – Equipped with a massage pillow that fits perfectly behind your neck and vertically adjusts to fit the entire family regardless of height.
- Full body back massage with heat – 8 deep kneading & shiatsu back massage nodes travel up and down to relax your entire back. Choose between a full rolling back massage, upper back massage, or lower back massage and concentrate your massage on the area for pin-point relaxation.
- Soothing heat & seat vibration – Warmth applied on the neck and back helps to relax tense muscles across your entire neck, back, lumbar, and shoulders. 3 levels of adjustable intensity add an extra level of comfort to the hip and thighs during the massage. Please note: there is no heat function on…
- Ultimate seated comfort – Use a sofa, couch, recliner, or office chair to create the best seat in the house! The integrated strapping system fastens around the back seat of any chair.
- Versatile gift idea – High-quality polyurethane leather is durable and easy to maintain. Everybody needs a daily back and neck massage. Treat yourself or your friend and improve neck, shoulder, and back discomfort with a back massage 30 minutes each day to relax the body.
- Unpackage chair in customer designated locatoin
- Assemble chair according to instruction
- Clean up fo space once assembly is complete
- 【MODERN AND CLASSIC DESIGN】This recliner chair is sleek, modern and sophisticated. Expertly crafted for style, this chair is a perfect accent for any home or workplace.
- 【EASY ADJUSTMENT AND ULTIMATE RELAXATION】Sit back and relax in your very own push back recliner chair. This chair features a dual-function foot extension and a reclining back that will surely help you to unwind and de-stress. Enjoy your favorite entertainment and fully relax your body and mood…
- 【JUST TWO MINUTES TO INSTALL】 Our recliner sofa is easy to assemble, only taking up to 2 minutes to install. Just slip the backrest of the chair onto the seat and screw in the four legs into the base. No tools required!
- 【THE MASSAGE MODE】This chair has 8 functions giving you the best massage. Also comes with 3 levels of intensity for desired comfort. 2 point massage technology for the waist area.
- 【Space Capsule Zero Gravity】 -Our Massage Chair there is one-button for zero gravity angles for zero gravity massage chair, clicking the button to adjust a comfortable massage recliner chair reclining angle for massage chair zero gravity full body. Meanwhile, where is the point that our heart…
- 【Remote Controls】 -Our Massage Chair is in a Easy way to use with remote controls, it will smoothly and safely control the lift without to left massage recliner chair,stay in your recline and massage of the chair. It help you have a better relax in the massage chair.
- 【Warm back massage】 -Our Massage Chair with lower back heat therapy is best ideal for strains of occasional strains and chronic pain.It offers the heat therapy which is a great compliment to the roller and airbag massage massage chair full body. Heating the body’s temperature is known to…
- 【Foot Relax】 -Located on the bottom of the feet that provide a soothing kneading style application with air bag full roller kneading. As the rollers spin it will stimulate acupuncture points and as the air bags inflate it will generate a much deeper massage along the bottoms of your feet.
- 【What You Will Get】:We guarantee that you will like this massage chair. If you are not satisfied with this massage chair, please contact us.If you have any questions about massage chair, please feel free to ask!
- 【Easy Controls with Large screen】 Our Massage Chair is in a Easy way to use: With Screen control. It will smoothly and safely control the lift without to left massage recliner chair , stay in your recline and massage of the chair,Can you see clearly from the screen what program you are working…
- 【Space Capsule Zero Gravity】 Our Massage Chair there is one-button for zero gravity angles for zero gravity massage, clicking the button to adjust a comfortable reclining angle for massage. Meanwhile, where is the point that our heart and knees are in a horizontal line, which can effectively not…
- 【Foot Relax】Located on the bottom of the feet that provide a soothing kneading style application with air bag full roller kneading. As the rollers spin it will stimulate acupuncture points and as the air bags inflate it will generate a much deeper massage along the bottoms of your feet.
- 【Wormwood Back Hot Compress Massage】Our Massage Chair with wormwood back hot compress massage is best ideal for strains of occasional strains and chronic pain.Heating on lumbar heating pads located on the Lumbar area also with zero gravity. It offers the heat therapy which is a great compliment…
- 【High quality Bluetooth Speakers】The bluetooth speaker with excellent sound quality can add more fun to your relaxation while you are lying on the massage chair and enjoying the wonderful music.
- 【Comfortable Material & Massage Mode】The recliner is made with high-quality PU leather, skin-friendly, and easily cleaned, thick padding provides better comfort; 2-point massage of the Power Recliner on the waist. 8 function of the recliner chair gives you the best massage.3 intensity of the…
- 【Application】This single sofa is a good choice for the living room, home theater, or bedroom. The club chair recliner’s back can be adjusted from 90 degrees to 160 degrees to read books, watch movies, and nap.
- 【Upgraded Footrest】This recliner sofa features a dual-function foot extension and a reclining back that will surely help you to unwind and de-stress. Enjoy your favorite entertainment and fully relax your body and mood with this comfortable push-back recliner chair. Steel frame design leads to a…
- 【Durable & Stable】Solid hardwood frame and widened base design make the massage chair more steady when lay back, completely avoiding the dangers of flipping back like others’ chairs. Maximum Capacity: 275 lbs; Seat height:17.3 inch; Seat depth:20 inch; Seat width:19.3 inch; Armrest height:22.2…
- 【Easy to Assemble & Good Service】Our winback chair massage sofa is easy to install, and only takes 2 minutes to install, just slip the back part of the club chair onto the base — screw four legs — connect the massage controller and power cable, then you’re complete! No tools are required! If…
- Folds compactly: The massage chair with compact and foldable flat design along with a sturdy nylon carry case makes it space-saving and easy for storage. Chair itself only weighs 23lbs.
- Super Versatile: Ergonomic adjustable armrest, seat, chest pad and head support, simple facecradle armrest and seat adjustments to accommodate all client sizes, ensures a comfortable and body relaxation for your clients.
- Multi-Layer Higher Density Foam: The PU leather is Oil & Waterproof, CFC-free, easy cleaning to ensure your clients a luxuriously comfortable therapeutic massage experience
- Sturdy Frame: Constructed of aircraft grade aluminum, lightweight and tremendously strong, high gloss powder-coated finish, which greatly extends the chair service life. Working weight up to 660lbs.
- Overall Dimensions: 23″(L) x 18″(W) x 42″(H); The simple and modern style of the chair perfectly matches different settings of the shops or houses, ideal for home, gym and office use.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Massage Chairs
What is the massage chair?
A massage chair is a device that is used to massage a person. It is typically a chair with a massage cushion, which is used to massage the person’s back, neck, and head.
How do I know if the Massage Chair is right for me?
The Massage Chair has been designed to provide a comfortable and supportive seating experience for a wide range of users. If you are looking for a chair that can help improve your posture and provide relief from back pain, the Message Chair may be a good option for you.
How do I use the Massage Chair?
To get the most out of your Massage Chair, it is important to use it as directed. First, adjust the chair to fit your height. Then, sit in the chair and allow your back to rest against the lumbar support. Use the armrests for additional support, if needed. Finally, adjust the tilt of the chair to find a position that is comfortable for you.
What are the benefits of using the Message Chair?
The Message Chair has been designed to provide a number of benefits for users. These benefits include improved posture, reduced back pain, and increased comfort. Additionally, the chair can help to promote better circulation and provide relief from tension headaches.
Are there any risks associated with using the Message Chair?
The Message Chair is generally considered to be a safe product. However, as with any type of furniture, there is always a risk of tipping or falling if the chair is not used properly. It is important to follow the instructions for use and care to avoid any accidents.
Related Massage Products to check out:
Each of the massage chairs listed above have something incredible to offer you. If you want something that can support a lot of weight, the Mecor recliner is a good bet especially if you are tall as well. However, the Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage chair is clearly the winner here. It gives a fantastic massage at an affordable price point. It just goes to show that you don’t have to spend tons of money to get a good product.