We live in a day of constant work. You work long hours at the office and often bring work home with you. This stressful lifestyle is painful. Physically painful. Stress causes muscles to tense up and joints to harden. This is why massage chairs have become so popular in recent times. They tend to cost a lot of money, so you want to be careful before you buy one. To help you out, we have listed the best massage chairs on the market below. Go through this list and find something that is perfect for you.
10 Best Massage Chairs
Different Types Of Massage Chairs
There are different types of massage chairs available in the market, catering to different individual preferences and budgets. Here are the most common types:
- Full-body massage chairs: These chairs provide the ultimate full body massage experience, from your head to toes.
- Recliner massage chairs: These chairs are designed in the shape of a traditional recliner and have built-in massage technology.
- Zero-gravity massage chairs: These chairs use the technique of zero gravity to position you in a neutral posture that maximizes massage effectiveness.
How to Buy a Massage chair that’s Perfect for you?
Sitting in a massage chair is a great way to relax at the end of a long day. Massage chairs can be quite expensive, so it is important to do your research before you end up buying something. There are also a lot of options for you to buy. Choosing the right type of chair is important because not all chairs will work for everyone. Provided below is a buying guide to help you buy the right massage chair. There are tips to keep in mind, features to look for and overall explanations that will help you understand massage chairs better.
Figure Out What Type You Want
There are lots of different types of massage chairs. Here are some types that are offered:
Zero Gravity: This chair is meant to emulate the feeling of being in space. The vibrations give you a weightless feeling which can be quite relaxing. This type of massage chair is particularly good for pain relief because you are not placing pressure on any part of your body during the massage program.
Full Body: A full body massage chair gives you a massage that closely resembles a real human massage. It involves an almost zero gravity feeling, but zero gravity chairs offer superior weightlessness. Full body massage chairs are often the most expensive products on the market because they offer the highest quality massages.
Shiatsu: These massage chairs offer a specific type of massage, namely the shiatsu massage. This style of massage originated in Japan, and is focused on deep, focused pressure on certain points of the body. Shiatsu massages are very popular and very stimulating, and shiatsu chairs are often more affordable than full body massage chairs.
Recliner: This is one of the simpler massage chairs on the market. It can be used as simple furniture in your home as well. The massage is not very intense but it gets the job done and is a lot more affordable than the full body or zero gravity massage chairs.
Seat Pad: This is the most affordable massager on the market. It’s not much of a chair, more of a cushion that you can sit on with a backrest. This type of massager usually offers one dimensional massages but it is quite affordable so it gives good value for money.
Massage Chair Features to Look For
Another factor that affects your choice of massage chair is the features that it offers. Features are often common across various chair types as well. Here are the features that are available in massage chairs:
Automated programs: These are common throughout most massage chairs, especially the more expensive kinds such as zero gravity and full body chairs. These programs are designed to give you good massages automatically.
Manual control: A good chair will give you at least some level of control over the intensity of the massage and how long each massage lasts. Some lower cost chairs don’t offer automated programs but give you control over what kind of massage you get which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Airbags: Only higher quality chairs will have this feature. Airbags give flat, even pressure to muscles. Shiatsu chairs often don’t have them because they don’t apply concentrated pressure. Full body massage chairs use these profusely, however. If you want a good chair that uses airbags, make sure it has them in the legs, back and neck regions where they would be most effective.
Intensity levels: In this regard, shiatsu chairs often win out. They offer the highest levels of intensity. Full body and zero gravity massage chairs often don’t offer as much intensity, although they do provide a fair amount. Seat pads usually offer no intensity because they usually offer heat based massages.
Rollers: Much like airbags are used for even massages, rollers are meant for more direct and concentrated massages. Shiatsu chairs use them liberally. They are great for getting rid of deep tissue pain.
Accessories: More expensive chairs often come with a lot of accessories. Cup holders, remote controls, Bluetooth speakers and feet extenders are just some examples. Pay close attention to what accessories your chair offers before you buy it. Some, like feet extenders and neck rests, are going to be necessary.
Not all of the factors affecting your purchase will be technical in nature. Some of them will have to do with practicalities, but these factors are equally important to consider. These practical considerations can help you narrow down your choices while choosing a massage chair. Here are the important things you should consider:
Space: While full body and zero gravity chairs are excellent, they take up a lot of space. Recliners, shiatsu chairs and seat pads are better for people that are short on space in their room.
Budget: This will narrow your options down a lot. If you are a budget conscious shopper, zero gravity and full body chairs are not for you. You would do better to go for recliners, or if you really want something affordable a seat pad would work nicely. It’s also important to remember that a chair doesn’t have to be expensive to be good. There are expensive classes of chairs, but within those classes are relatively affordable options you can look into. For example, a good full body massage chair can cost potentially thousands of dollars, but you don’t have to buy the most expensive one to get the best quality massage.
Warranty: While there are a lot of products you can buy without worrying about the warranty, a massage chair is not one of them. Massage chairs are expensive and technical issues are more common than you think. Make sure you get a chair with a good warranty.
Now that you have made it through this buying guide, you are finally fully equipped and prepared to find a massage chair that would give you everything you are looking for.
Top 10 Massage Chair Reviews
- ❤【HEAVY –DUTY METAL FRAME 】: The massage chair constructed of heavy-duty grade, portable massage chair lightweight and tremendously strong, and tattoo chair covered high gloss powder-coated finish, which greatly extends the massage chair service life. Massage chair portable massage tattoo…
- ❤【HIGH DENSITY FOAM】: Massage Chair is fill of high-density foam upholstered, the thick foam portable massage chair give you superior comfort and durability. The overall stability of the massage chair is enough to support 300 lbs, the static capacity: 700 lbs. Folding massage chair tattoo…
- ❤【WATER&OIL PROOFING&EASY TO CLEAN】: The massage chair cover PU leather, it is water and oil proofing, you can clean the tattoo chair easily, the portable massage chair ensure a luxuriously comfortable therapeutic massage experience for you. Massage chair portable folding massage chair tattoo…
- ❤【FOLDS COMPACTLY&SPACE-SAVING】: The massage chair with compact and foldable flat design along with a sturdy nylon carry case, the massage is space-saving and easy for storage. Massage chair itself only weighs 23lbs, You can take the massage chair where you want to go. Portable massage chair…
- ❤【SIMPLY ASSEMBLY】: This massage chair doesn’t require any tools to be assembled. All the accessories are in the carton. You can expand the massage chair according to the instructions, It only takes 3 minutes. Start enjoying the massage experience. Portable massage chair tattoo massage chair…
- RETURN POLICY: Any problem with the product please contact us at the first time to solve the problem, we will solve your problem! If you insist on needing to return the product, please keep the original packing box, pack the product well, and then return it to avoid return damage.
- The first time you use the massage chair if there is pain and discomfort, this is a normal phenomenon, please adjust the correct posture, relax the muscles for massage. If you still feel pain, you can put a blanket on the massage chair to reduce the massage intensity, or please adjust to the manual…
- Massage techniques: 8 fixed points and 20 massage balls to massage your neck, shoulders, back and waist; forward and reverse kneading, massage, foot roller massage, hip massage extended SL curved massage track Pre-set six intelligent massage modes, full-body massage
- Zero Gravity + Blue-tooth Speaker is when your body under the most natural and complete relax position, legs are a little higher than heart. zero gravity floating experience, feel virtually weightless And can effectively reduce heart pressure and stimulate blood circulation. Blue-tooth Speaker…
- A18 this massage chair with heating ，waist, legs , constant at 42 ° body comfort temperature, to give the body warm care relieve muscle pain relieving you from the fatigue of the day.
- Full Body Airbag Massage ，air pressure in shoulders, arms, calves, feet and newly added in waist area, with 3 intensity adjustable.
- Dual-core S track neck back robots hands rollers up and down, generate a more effective massage to neck stress and back pain, than 8 points fixed back rollers.
- One button zero gravity, feel ultimate relaxation when the chair is fully reclined.
- Full body airbags compression on shoulders, arms, foot and hips, relive body pain and stress.
- Altered remote control with a bigger LCD screen and clearer buttons, easier to use and more accessible.
- More Effective neck massage: Suitable neck massage position can be chosen to fit your height, 3 levels of adjustable massage intensity to meet various needs.
- 6 auto programs, lower back heating function, more effective to relieve waist ache.
- Relax Full Body – The massage chair utilizes innovative 2D/3D Finger Pressure Shiatsu, Rolling, compression, Vibration and Heat functions to provide you an omni comfortable massage to the back like a spa massage.
- Creative 2D/3D Shiatsu Massage – The Shiastu Neck & Back Massager with Heat, it has 4 rotation nodes to provide deep kneading massages for neck and shoulder. This massager incorporates our latest innovative technology, the massaging nodes move inward & outward motion to create 2D or 3D finger…
- Adjustable Rolling & Spot Massage – The chair massager features soft rolling massage along the back spine combats across the whole back, and the width between two massage heads can be adjusted to fit the body. SPOT massage function allows you to concentrate massage on one area for pin-point…
- Optional Heat & Adjustable Compression Massage – The full back massager has a heating pad that delivers gentle warmth to the back. ADJUSTABLE COMPRESSION-massage on waist & hips that you can choose. Adjustable 3 intensity settings are available.
- Ultimate Comfort – Place this seat massager on a sofa, couch, recliner, office chair or dinning chair to enjoy a massage in the comfort of your home ! Perfect christmas gifts for mom, dad, men, women, friends who need a massage. For any reason, if this massage chair pad does not meet your…
- 【Full Body Massage】：The 8 fixed rollers on the back massage the backrest, back and waist. Air bags on shoulders, arms, hips and calves inflate or deflate to relieve tension and muscle fatigue. Pressing the “zero gravity” button and leaning fully back with your feet higher than your heart…
- 【Relaxing Massage Chair】：Our massage chair built-in waist heater, proper temperature can enhance the massage effect, promote blood circulation and relieve muscle pain. It makes you feel very comfortable and relieving you from the fatigue of the day.
- 【Multifunctional Massage Chair】：The massage chair has 5 preset automatic modes. It has three layers of air bags, back massage rollers, foot massage rollers. You can use the tablet remote control to choose the appropriate massage mode and strength.
- 【Humanized& Bluetooth Design】：The massage chair has a retractable footstool and a rolling wheel at the bottom of the chair, so you can easily move it around the room. Bluetooth audio connection function, you can enjoy music while massage.
- 【Reasonable Packing】：The massage chair adopts two boxes of packaging, which reduces the volume of the product and the weight of a single package, reduces the possibility of problems in the transportation process, and makes the product more convenient and safe.
- Folds compactly: The massage chair with compact and foldable flat design along with a sturdy nylon carry case makes it space-saving and easy for storage. Chair itself only weighs 23lbs.
- Super Versatile: Ergonomic adjustable armrest, seat, chest pad and head support, simple facecradle armrest and seat adjustments to accommodate all client sizes, ensures a comfortable and body relaxation for your clients.
- Multi-Layer Higher Density Foam: The PU leather is Oil & Waterproof, CFC-free, easy cleaning to ensure your clients a luxuriously comfortable therapeutic massage experience
- Sturdy Frame: Constructed of aircraft grade aluminum, lightweight and tremendously strong, high gloss powder-coated finish, which greatly extends the chair service life. Working weight up to 660lbs.
- Overall Dimensions: 23″(L) x 18″(W) x 42″(H); The simple and modern style of the chair perfectly matches different settings of the shops or houses, ideal for home, gym and office use.
- Full Body Massage: Our massage chair offers 5 different automatic modes, providing you with personalized choices. There are multiple airbags on the shoulders, arms, hips and calves to provide a whole body air compression massage experience. You can use the remote control to choose the appropriate…
- Zero Gravity Massage Chair: The 8 fixed rollers on the back to massage your neck, back and waist. Once you press the “Zero Gravity” button, the chair will recline completely, positioning your feet above the heart level. This reduces the pressure of gravity on your body, alleviates the burden on your…
- Foot Massage: Airbag compression massage in calf area and foot to relieve muscle tension in legs and feet. The footstool is retractable and suitable for people of different heights. The massage chair is equipped with a moving roller at the bottom, so you can easily move it around the room.
- Recommended Height and Weight: It is recommended for people weighing less than 180 pounds and no taller than 5.7 feet to use. The internal structure of the massage chair is simple, reducing assembly time, and you can enjoy the massage in 5 minutes.
- Great Gift Choice: Whether as a rewarding treat for yourself or as a special gift for beloved parents or friends, this massage chair is a thoughtful choice that brings comfort, relaxation, and wellness to their lives, showcasing your care and affection for them. If you have any questions, please…
- FULL BODY MASSAGE – The portable massage chair combines Shiatsu, Kneading, Rolling, Air compression,Kneading,Rolling,Vibration and Heat functions to help you completely eliminate fatigue, stress and relieve muscle pain, provides you a spa-like massage experience.
- SHIATSU NECK & FULL BACK MASSAGER-Comfier Seat Massager has 4 Shiatsu nodes for neck and shoulder massage,the shiatsu balls position can be adjusted to meet specific user. The chair massage cushion has 4 shiatsu massage nodes that cover the whole back to deliver deep tissue kneading massage for back…
- OPTIONAL HEAT, ROLLING & SPOT MASSAGE – The electric chair massager provides optional heat settings to provide soothing warmth to loosen stiff and tired muscles. The rolling massage setting gently slides along the spine to eliminate muscle aches throughout the back. Spot massage allow you have a…
- ADJUSTABLE AIR COMPRESSION- Air compress massage with 3 adjustable intensity on waist and hips from 2 airbags helps relieve tension indulging yourself in full-coverage. Opt for a full back, upper back or lower back then combine with air massage and heat to create a fantastic relaxing massage.
- ULTIMATE COMFORT -Strap the Comfier Shiatsu massager to your favorite chair, or put in on any sofa,couch,recliner, office chair to get the ultimate comfort seat at home or in office. A Perfect gift for mom, father, men, women, friends who need a massage. For any reason, if this chair massage pad…
- 【Space Capsule Zero Gravity】 -Our Massage Chair there is one-button for zero gravity angles for zero gravity massage chair, clicking the button to adjust a comfortable massage recliner chair reclining angle for massage chair zero gravity full body. Meanwhile, where is the point that our heart…
- 【Remote Controls】 -Our Massage Chair is in a Easy way to use with remote controls, it will smoothly and safely control the lift without to left massage recliner chair,stay in your recline and massage of the chair. It help you have a better relax in the massage chair.
- 【Warm back massage】 -Our Massage Chair with lower back heat therapy is best ideal for strains of occasional strains and chronic pain.It offers the heat therapy which is a great compliment to the roller and airbag massage massage chair full body. Heating the body’s temperature is known to…
- 【Foot Relax】 -Located on the bottom of the feet that provide a soothing kneading style application with air bag full roller kneading. As the rollers spin it will stimulate acupuncture points and as the air bags inflate it will generate a much deeper massage along the bottoms of your feet.
- 【What You Will Get】:We guarantee that you will like this massage chair. If you are not satisfied with this massage chair, please contact us.If you have any questions about massage chair, please feel free to ask!
- MASSAGE + HEAT: Loosen up from top to bottom with heat in the chair’s backrest, plus massage points in the seat and ottoman to knead the upper and lower back, lumbar, thighs, and calves
- CHARMING FURNITURE: This comfy addition to your living space also provides an elegant, inviting appearance that makes the living room and more look and feel like home
- COMFORTABLE RECLINE: A double-padded backrest reclines for blissful relaxation, while soft armrest, seat, and ottoman cushions provide optimal comfort. You can also keep a book or magazine at your side with a built-in storage side pouch
- CONTROL OPTIONS: Wireless controller lets you conveniently switch between 5 pre-programmed massages, 9 intensity levels, and 2 modes to get the most soothing lounging experience possible
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Set this chair up in 3 easy steps; simply attach the ottoman footrest to its base, then attach the chair seat to its base before inserting screws; CHAIR DIMENSIONS: 27″-46″(L) x 29″(W) x 41″(H); Chair Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
Is It Worth Investing In A Massage Chair?
Weighing The Cost-Benefit Analysis
Massage chairs are an investment that requires considerable upfront costs. Therefore, before making the decision to purchase one, it’s essential to weigh the cost-benefit analysis and determine whether or not it’s worth it. Here are some key points to consider:
- Initial investment: The cost of a massage chair can range from hundreds to thousands of dollars. It’s essential to consider how much you are willing to shell out for a quality massage chair.
- Frequency of use: If you frequently visit a massage therapist, investing in a massage chair could save you money in the long run. However, if you don’t use it enough, you may end up wasting your investment.
- Duration of use: A massage chair like this can last for up to ten years with proper maintenance. So, if you plan on using it for more than a couple of years, it’s worth investing in a quality one.
- Space and aesthetics: Massage chairs consume considerable space and can be quite bulky. Consider if you have enough space in your home to accommodate it. Additionally, you should consider the chair’s aesthetics align with your home decor style.
Identifying Your Needs And Goals
The needs and goals of each individual are unique when it comes to massage chairs. Here are some factors to consider to determine if you need one:
- Physical condition: If you suffer from chronic pain or other physical conditions that require massage therapy, then purchasing a massage chair can be hugely beneficial.
- Stress and anxiety: If you suffer from stress and anxiety, a massage chair can be an excellent way to relax and alleviate some of the tension you feel.
- Convenience: Getting a massage in the comfort of your own home is convenient, and it can save you time and money spent going to a massage therapist.
- Privacy: A massage chair can provide more privacy than seeing a massage therapist, which is a significant factor to consider if you prefer to have privacy while having a massage.
Long-Term Cost-Saving Benefits
While massage chairs come with high upfront costs, it’s worth acknowledging the long-term cost-saving benefits. Here are some benefits that massage chairs can provide in the long run:
- Savings on massage therapy: Investing in a massage chair can lead to savings on massage therapy appointments. Over time, these savings can add up to thousands of dollars.
- Reduced medical expenses: A massage chair can be hugely beneficial for individuals who suffer from chronic pain or other physical ailments. By regularly using a massage chair, it can reduce the need for expensive medical treatments or medications.
- Increased productivity: Regular use of a massage chair can lead to increased productivity due to reduced stress, anxiety, and physical tension.
Overall, investing in a high-quality massage chair can provide numerous benefits. However, before making a purchase decision, it’s essential to weigh the cost-benefit analysis, identify your needs and goals, and acknowledge the long-term cost-saving benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Massage Chairs
A massage chair is a device that is used to massage a person. It is typically a chair with a massage cushion, which is used to massage the person’s back, neck, and head.
The Massage Chair has been designed to provide a comfortable and supportive seating experience for a wide range of users. If you are looking for a chair that can help improve your posture and provide relief from back pain, the Message Chair may be a good option for you.
To get the most out of your Massage Chair, it is important to use it as directed. First, adjust the chair to fit your height. Then, sit in the chair and allow your back to rest against the lumbar support. Use the armrests for additional support, if needed. Finally, adjust the tilt of the chair to find a position that is comfortable for you.
The Message Chair has been designed to provide a number of benefits for users. These benefits include improved posture, reduced back pain, and increased comfort. Additionally, the chair can help to promote better circulation and provide relief from tension headaches.
The Message Chair is generally considered to be a safe product. However, as with any type of furniture, there is always a risk of tipping or falling if the chair is not used properly. It is important to follow the instructions for use and care to avoid any accidents.
Related Massage Products to check out:
Each of the massage chairs listed above have something incredible to offer you. If you want something that can support a lot of weight, the Mecor recliner is a good bet especially if you are tall as well. However, the Electric Full Body Shiatsu Massage chair is clearly the winner here. It gives a fantastic massage at an affordable price point. It just goes to show that you don’t have to spend tons of money to get a good product.