Mail theft has become quite common, and the thieves are becoming smarter day by day as the advancing technology is enhancing the security of the mailboxes.
Some people don’t focus much on the security of their mailboxes, but it is quite necessary to take precautions as you may face identity theft and may get affected badly.
Therefore, for those individuals who want to enhance the security of their incoming mails and parcels, we have selected the best mailboxes that are much secured as compared to the other products in the market. Also, all of these mailboxes are durable and have different sizes to meet your needs.
It is not easy to select the best product as some mailboxes offer durability and possess large capacities, but their security system lacks. Also, some are featured with an advanced security mechanism, but they are not best when we talk about durability.
So, for your convenience, we are here with the Five best security mailboxes with an auto-lock mechanism that you can consider for your usage. Also, there is a buying guide on what things everyone should look for when going to purchase a good quality mailbox.
Related Topic : How to Protect Your Mail from Identity Theft
Best Security Mailbox with Auto Lock Of 2022
1. Mail Boss 7506 Mail Manager Locking Mailbox
- USPS Approved full-service residential locking security mailbox prevents mail-identity theft; Stainless steel hinges for ease of use
- QUALITY: 14- and 16-gauge galvanized welded steel construction defends against vandalism. Mailbox Style: T1
- SECURITY: Innovative baffle door accepts small parcels, packages, and a box of checks and also deters fishing. Does not include or require Mounting Plate
- PATENTED: Includes patented Anti-Pry latch lock mechanism to prevent leveraged entry with a screwdriver & high security anti-drill, anti-pick 12-disc wafer lock
- ACCESSORIES: Includes concealed outgoing mail clip, 3 keys, and required installation hardware
The Mail Manager 7506 from MailBoss is the smallest but most secured mailbox that is ideal for small parcels and letters. First of all, it is USPS approved. Second, it is made up of heavy gauge electro-galvanized steel that makes it more secure. It is 21 inches deep, 11.25 inches in height, and its width is 10.75 inches.
It is impossible to lose any of your parcels, letters, or mails as the mailbox is featured with a baffle door that prevents fishing. The anti-pry latch locking system is best to save the mailbox from prying. And the 12-disc wafer lock with three laser cut keys increases the security of your mails and parcels. Also, it is featured with a hidden outgoing mail clip.
The mailbox is quite easy to install. It can be easily mounted on a 4×4 post. Also, it doesn’t get affected due to severe weather conditions as it is powder-coated and the hinges are made up of stainless steel to prevent rusting.
- Strong and durable
- Anti-pry locking mechanism
- USPS approved
- Contemporary baffle door
- 12-disc wafer lock.
- Sometimes the rainwater reaches the mails.
2. Mail Boss 7106 Curbside Locking Mailbox
- Large capacity USPS approved high security locking curbside mailbox made of 12- and 14-gauge electro galvanized steel for strength and durability
- Patented anti-pry latch locking mechanism and 12-wafer disc lock to prevent leveraged entry
- Patented Fast-Trak Mounting Plate for easy installation on existing posts in minutes
- Stainless steel hinges and powder-coated finish for optimum weather resistance
- Includes 3 keys, reflective house numbers, 4 lag bolts and drill bit for installation. Locking access door with commercial grade high security wafer lock.
Another good quality product from the most popular brand MailBoss is the 7106 Curbside locking mailbox. It has a large capacity as compared to the 7506 model that can easily accommodate plenty of mails and few small parcels and packages. The mailbox is 21 inches deep, 13.8 inches in height, and 11.2 inches wide.
The same heavy duty galvanized steel is used in its construction to make it strong and durable. The anti-pry latch locking mechanism enhances the security system of the mailbox. And the 12-disc wafer lock blocks the leverage entries. Also, it has a concealed outgoing mail tray.
The powder-coated finish and stainless steel hinges make it a complete weather-resistant product. Also, the Fast-Trak mounting plate and four lag bolts make the installation easier. Moreover, the mailbox comes with three laser cut keys to provide easy access to every family member.
- USPS approved
- Large capacity
- Anti-pry locking system
- Easy to install
- Durable and weather-resistant
- Design of the mailbox looks commercial instead of residential
3. Oasis 360 Locking Parcel Extra Large Mailbox
- USPS Approved Oasis 360 Locking Mailbox is 11.3 in. W x 11.5 in. H x 20 in. D
- Accepts parcels 9.5 in. W x 12.6 in. L x 1.5 in. H to 9.5 in. W x 3.5 in. L x 2.5 in. H
- Dual door locking parcel mailbox, two doors for easy access
- Galvanized steel construction that is fully powder coated inside and out for added corrosion resistance
- Predrilled 4 in. x 10 in. mounting holes in floor allows for easy installation. Hardware and mounting bracket may be required to mount to posts not manufactured by Architectural Mailboxes (not included)
Another durable and good quality mailbox is from Oasis that has a large capacity of keeping mails and parcels safe. It is 11.5 inches tall, 11.3 inches wide, and has a depth of 20 inches. Also, the mailbox is approved from the USPS.
If we talk about its body, then it is made up of heavy gauge galvanized steel that is quite durable and reliable. Also, the powder-coated finish prevents weather-related damages. The doors come with a rubber seal, and the whole product is made up of corrosion resistant materials.
The mailbox is also secure as it is featured with an advanced locking mechanism and pry-resistant lock bracket. Also, you can easily mount it on a pilaster, column, or a wood post.
- USPS approved
- Good security measures
- Predrilled 4 in. x 10 in. mounting holes
- sticking Lock prone
4. Mail Boss Package Master 7206 Security Mailbox
- Your purchase includes One Mail Boss Package Master Curbside Locking Security Mailbox in Black + Installation hardware | Mount post not included
- Mail Box dimensions – 21.5″ D x 12″ W x 16.5″ H | Weight – 53 lbs. | Packages – 10.5” L x 3.5” – 4.5” W x 3.5” – 4.5” H | Refer to product pictures for more dimensions
- Stainless steel hinges and powder-coated finish for optimum weather resistance.Since Mail Boss finishes are more textured than flat, use a soft bristle brush to clean
- Patented anti-pry latch locking mechanism in a 12- and 14-gauge electro-galvanized welded steel construction
- Capable of being mounted within a brick column, post mounted individually or in a cluster with the use of a 2 box, 3 box , or 4 mailbox spreader bar
The 7206 security mailbox from MailBoss is almost the same product in terms of features like the 7106, but the main reason to add it in the list is to give you the variety in dimensions. It is 16.5 inches in height, 12 inches wide, and has a depth of 21.5 inches.
The mailbox is constructed with heavy gauge electro-galvanized steel with a powder-coated finish that makes it heavy as well as durable.
If we talk about its security features, then it is powered with monopolized Mail Shield technology to keep your mails safe and prevent theft. Also, the 12-disc wafer lock and the anti-pry latch locking system are best for saving the mailbox from prying.
It also comes with three laser-cut brass keys. Moreover, the monopolized Fast-Trak mounting system is designed for quick and easy installation.
- Large capacity
- Mail-shield technology
- Heavy duty and durable
- Easy installation
- Available in different colors
- Confusing from some mail carriers on its correct usage
5. Salsbury Industries 4325BLK Roadside Mailbox
- Include an outgoing mail tray and an adjustable red signal flag
- Front and rear access locking door with 2 keys for each door (keyed alike)
- Mail is deposited through a non-locking access panel on the front and includes an outgoing mail tray
- Mailboxes can be mounted on posts and in columns, masonry or walls
- Feature a durable powder coated finish available in black, green, silver and white
The 4325BLK mailbox from Salsbury Industries is another secure mailbox that you can purchase to keep your incoming mails and parcels safe and secure. It is 18.25 inches deep, 13.25 inches in height, and has a width of 12.5 inches.
The mailbox is featured with an outgoing mail tray located at the top. The middle section is for depositing the incoming mails, and the last section is the secured one where your mails rest with a secure locking system. The box is also equipped with a backside locking door along with the one that is at the front, made for keeping your mails safe.
Other than this, it is made up of solid aluminum with powder coated finish that makes it a durable product. Also, you can easily mount the mailbox on walls, posts, or columns.
One thing that you should keep in mind is to ask the mail carrier to use the box correctly to keep your mails protected.
- USPS approved
- 2-sided access with secured locking system
- Available in different colors
- Installation hardware is not included
There are various things that you should look for when purchasing the best security mailbox. As your mailbox, mails, and parcels are valuable, so it is necessary to make sure that the product you are going to buy is capable enough to save your things from being stolen.
The size of the mailbox is the most important thing that you should look for. The height, width, and depth of the mailbox depend on your needs. They are available in different sizes so always select the one that can easily accommodate your incoming mails, parcels, envelopes, etc. If you receive the mails more frequently, then you should consider the mailbox that has a large capacity. Also, if you frequently travel then the large capacity mailboxes are ideal for you. On the other hand, prefer small-sized mailboxes if you get few mails in months.
The construction material of your mailbox must be well enough so that it can bear the hardness of all the weathers well. Always go for those materials that can prevent rusting and corrosion.
Some mailboxes are constructed with heavy-duty galvanized steel to make them tough and durable whereas some mailboxes come with stainless steel and aluminum body which are also durable. Also, some manufacturers prefer both the heavy-duty plastic and aluminum to construct the mailboxes.
But, it is best to go with galvanized steel. It is more durable as compared to other materials. Also, the powder-coated finish makes the mailboxes resistant to optimum weather.
Moreover, always check the other parts of the mailbox whether they are durable or not. All the hardware must be made from corrosion resistant materials. Always check the hinges as they must be of stainless steel. Furthermore, the doors must be rubber sealed to block the rainwater from entering into the mail compartments.
If your mailbox is of ideal dimensions and made up of good material but not the best in terms of security, then the dimensions and durability will never save your mailbox or mails from being stolen. The best mailbox is the one having a good security system that prevents fishing, prying, leveraged entry, and vandalism.
Therefore, before going to purchase the mailbox, its security measures must be checked and confirmed thoroughly.
In the above list, the mailboxes from MailBoss are best in terms of security. They are featured with the Mail Shield Technology, anti-pry latch locking mechanism and 12-disc wafer lock with laser cut keys. Also, the other mailboxes have pry-resistant lock bracket, incoming and outgoing doors with hidden locks, and the removable trap door for protecting the mails from theft.
Moreover, some mailboxes are featured with secured outgoing mail trays, but some come with the unsecured ones. So, as your incoming mails are valuable, you should also keep an eye on your outgoing mails.
In a nutshell, security is the main thing. So, always select the mailbox that is featured with an advanced security system.
Always select the mailbox that is easy to install or mount. Some manufacturers offer the mounting hardware, but there are some companies that don’t provide the hardware with the product. So, always make sure that there is installation hardware within the box.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Security Mailbox
A security mailbox is a mail box that is placed at the front door of your house. The mailbox is locked and can only be opened by the mail carrier.
The purpose of a security mailbox is to prevent someone from stealing your mail.
It will take you about an hour to install a security mailbox.
The best way to protect your mail is to put a lock on your mailbox or Buy a Security Mailbox with Auto Lock.