Dental health is one of the most important areas of general health. It’s more than just a cosmetic thing too. Not taking care of your teeth could potentially lead to things like heart disease. A strict and regular brushing regimen can help make it easier for you to keep your teeth healthy.
However, the kind of toothbrush you use matters too. An electric toothbrush can really help you take your dental health to the next level. Listed below are some fantastic electric toothbrushes that you should definitely look into.
Top 7 Best Electric Toothbrushes
7. SHAOJIER Electric Toothbrush
- Sonic vibrations
- 40,000 strokes per minute
- 3 modes (Clean, Sensitive, Massage)
- Charges in 4 hours
This is a perfectly serviceable toothbrush that has a lot of nice qualities about it. One of the main features that we liked is the long lasting charge. While the brush takes four hours to fully charge, this full charge then lasts a whole month granted that you use it twice a day. This is one of the most phenomenal battery lives we have ever seen, and it helps make this product a real winner. The affordable price point is also something that we appreciated.
However, this product is at the bottom of our list for a reason. It fails to vibrate strongly enough to clean teeth properly without you applying extra pressure. Also, people with sensitive teeth might not enjoy using this product. The vibration may be weak but the bristles can end up being painful for people that are sensitive in their dental area.
- Charge lasts around a month if used no more than twice a day
- Offered at a highly affordable price point
- Charges quickly
- Does not vibrate strongly enough to clean teeth properly
- Not good for sensitive teeth in spite being advertised otherwise
6. Electric Toothbrush Timer Pink Power
- 31,000 brush strokes per minute
- 3 modes (Clean, White, Sensitive)
- Pink color
- Comes with 2 spare heads
One of the most striking elements of this product is the color. The pink design makes it perfect for women. This would be a great present for your daughter or wife. The spare heads that come with this are a nice touch because you won’t have to waste time looking for extra heads when the one you are using gets worn out. This toothbrush is quite adept at getting rid of plaque too, and the price point definitely makes it an interesting product to look into.
All of that being said, this electric toothbrush might break easily because of its flimsy build. The bristles aren’t very tough either, they start falling out quite quickly. In spite of being flimsy, the bristles are quite abrasive and might make sensitive or weak gums bleed so you should use this brush with care if you need to take sensitive gums into account.
- Spare heads are quite convenient
- Pink color makes it perfect for women
- Good at removing plaque
- Very affordable compared to other products on the market
- Not durable enough to last a long time
- Weak bristles often start falling out
- Bristles are a little too abrasive for sensitive gums
5. Kids Electric Toothbrush
- Smart timer
- Specially designed for use by children
- LED lights in handle
- Silicone brush head
This toothbrush will help you develop positive brushing habits in your kids. The built in timer will help with this because it will teach your kids the optimal brushing time. After a few practice rounds they will get a feel for the optimal time and reach it on their own. Overall this is a great brush for kids thanks to the soft bristles that would go easy on your kid’s gums and teeth. The LED lights are also a nice touch that can make the experience even more fun for your children.
This brush should be treated with care though because the body is rather flimsy. This is probably because of the fact that the buying price is so low. Also, while the soft bristles will help keep your kid’s gums safe from bleeding or injury, they make proper cleaning difficult to achieve. You might have to supervise your kid while they use this toothbrush to make sure they clean everything okay.
- Soft bristles for sensitive kid’s teeth
- LED lights makes brushing a fun experience
- Smart timer teaches children how long they should brush
- Durable brush head
- Flimsy and fragile body
- Soft bristles make improper cleaning a likely possibility
4. Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Classic
- 5 brushing modes (Clean, White, Sensitive, Gum Care, Deep Clean)
- Built in timer to prevent overbrushing
- Includes charging glass and travel case
- 32,000 brush strokes per minute
This electronic toothbrush marks the midway point of this list because of the fact that it is a solid product. Much like the kids toothbrush at number five, this product has a built in timer that would remind you when you are done brushing, although the timer included here is a lot better. The travel case that comes with this toothbrush also makes it easy to travel with.
You also get more brushing modes than you did with the previous three products on this list. This helps you get the teeth cleaning experience you prefer. This product has a durable exterior, but its inner circuitry might not work quite well. There have been complaints regarding the circuitry from certain consumers. Also, this toothbrush is almost unnaturally loud so much so that a lot of people might find it annoying. You should take this into consideration before you buy this product.
- Timer helps you brush for the perfect amount of time
- Very portable thanks to travel case
- Diverse range of brushing modes for you to try
- Highly durable
- Complaints of short circuiting
- Loud, shrieking noise during use
3. Oral-B Pro 7500 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Programmable LED light ring
- 5 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Pro Clean
- Timer pulses every 30 seconds
- 3D cleaning action
- Comes with app
Oral-B has a stellar reputation in the world of electronic toothbrushes and for good reason. They produce quality products and we find that all top three electronic toothbrushes on the market were created by these toothbrush titans. This product offers a lot of great features. The cleaning it gives your teeth is nice and thorough, and the timer is more intuitive. It tells you when to change positions instead of just telling you when to stop.
You get five cleaning modes just like the Philips Sonicare toothbrush coming in at number four. The teeth whitening effect will also be greatly appreciated. However, there are a couple problems you might face with this electronic toothbrush. Firstly, it has metal components which are prone to rust. Also, for some reason this toothbrush does not work with the Oral-B app as well as other toothbrushes in this category.
- Provides deep, thorough cleaning
- Pulsing timer helps remind you to change positions
- Multiple modes for diverse styles of cleaning
- LED light ring gives the brush an interesting aesthetic
- Genuinely whitens teeth
- Metal design often leads to rust accumulation
- App works poorly
2. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Floss Action round head
- Micropulse bristles
- 3D cleaning action
- Built in pressure sensor
This is a fantastic electronic toothbrush. It comes with a pressure sensor that helps you gauge your brushing intensity. The sensor makes the toothbrush notify you if you are going too hard or too slow. You can also use the Oral-B app to gather data on your brushing habits. This will help you greatly improve your dental health. Another handy feature of this brush is how much it focuses on your gums. The micropulse bristles are gentle on your gums yet clean them and the rest of your teeth thoroughly.
It is important to get an objective view of products before you buy them, so you should know that this electronic toothbrush’s long charging time will be a problem. Also, the charging stand emits a bright blue light that can’t be turned off. This might prove to be annoying for some people, especially if they tend to charge things on their bedside tables.
- Pressure sensor helps prevent you from brushing too hard
- Bluetooth connectivity with app gives you data on brushing habits
- Focuses on gum health
- Micropulse bristles provide deep, thorough clean
- Flossing and brushing simultaneously
- Takes a long time to charge
- Charging stand emits annoying blue light
1. Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries Rechargeable Power Electric Toothbrush
- Real time feedback through app
- Comes with Cross Action brush head, Pro White brush head and Sensitive brush head
- 3D cleaning
- 6 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner
Oral-B have really outdone themselves with this product. It has all of the five modes that you have seen in the previous two products with an added tongue cleaning mode. Tongue cleaning is an important part of oral health, and this toothbrush helps you focus on it. This toothbrush gives you a deep, thorough yet gentle clean. You also get the same Oral-B app that has been referred to in the previous two products.
An added feature you might like are the multiple brush heads you get. You not only get multiple modes, but different brush heads as well which will give you even more control over the way you clean your teeth. To top it all off this product is quite lightweight as well which is great for people that travel a lot. The only thing you should keep in mind is the common problem with Oral-B products which is that the metal components are prone to rust.
- Added benefit of tongue cleaning
- Most thorough clean on the market
- Highly durable design
- App helps you learn about your brushing habits
- Multiple brush heads help you clean more thoroughly
- Lightweight and portable
- Rust prone much like other Oral-B products.
- Joshua D. Hollowell: I have really sensitive gums. This is the first brush I’ve used that didn’t make my gums hurt. The sensitive gums setting is perfect.
- Brenda J. Sprague: It’s amazing, I used to have plaque because of my crooked teeth that would harden and become tarter. My teeth were so ugly because of this. This toothbrush got rid of all my plaque so fast I was shocked.
- Agnes G. Miller: My son has Aperger’s syndrome which causes a lot of problems. Firstly, he can’t seem to remember to brush on time. Secondly, whenever he does brush he does it so hard that his enamel has started to get worn out. This brush fixed everything. The app reminds him to brush and the pressure sensor tells him when he’s doing it too hard. His teeth have become a lot healthier after I got him this toothbrush
- Maria B. Smith: I love the brush. I used to swear by simple manual brushing but now I have seen the light. This brush has made my teeth so white that I ended up saving an unnecessary trip to the dentist!
- Jennifer L. Rees: My dentist kept telling me to get an electronic toothbrush to fix my stained teeth. I was skeptical but this brush honestly changed my life. I’m a big coffee drinker so that kept my teeth kind of yellow. This brush has whitened them up completely, and that too so quickly!
The electric toothbrushes that are listed above are the best the market has to offer. They are the result of some intense research and development. Oral B ends up on top much like it usually does when it comes to things like toothbrushes.
The Oral-B 7000 is the best electric toothbrush that you could get according to our research, but that doesn’t mean that the other toothbrushes aren’t worth your time as well. They are fantastic in their own right and offer their own benefits. Any toothbrush from this list is going to help you enjoy much better dental health.