For those seeking convenience and portability, cordless reciprocating saws have become an invaluable tool. Ideal for all sorts of projects, these battery-powered saws are lightweight and compact, making them easy to transport and store.
But with all the different models out there, it can be difficult to know which is the best cordless reciprocating saw for your needs. In this guide, we’ll outline the key features you should look for when choosing a cordless reciprocating saw as well as some of our top picks. Read on to find out more about these powerful tools!
What is a cordless reciprocating saw?
A cordless reciprocating saw is a handheld power tool that uses a reciprocating (up-and-down) motion to cut through materials. It comes with a blade that moves back and forth on a track, allowing it to cut through thicker materials than a standard hand saw.
Cordless reciprocating saws are powered by batteries, which makes them portable and easy to use. It used for construction or home improvement projects, such as cutting lumber, framing houses, and demolishing walls.
Top 10 Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw
How does cordless reciprocating saw work?
A cordless reciprocating saw is a handheld power tool that operates by moving a blade up and down in a rapid back-and-forth motion. They commonly used for demolition, construction, and carpentry work, as it can easily cut through metal, plastic, wood, and other materials.
To use a cordless reciprocating saw, you first need to attach the blade that you want to use. Once the blade is attached, you can turn on the saw by depressing the on/off switch.
For Start Cutting hold the saw firmly with both hands and position it. So that the blade is facing down towards the material that you want to cut.
Then, slowly apply pressure to the saw and move it forward in a smooth motion. Be careful not to press down too hard or move the saw too quickly, as this could cause the blade to break or become stuck.
Types of materials that can be cut with a cordless reciprocating saw
Cordless reciprocating saw is a powerful and versatile tool that can be used for cutting a variety of materials. From wood and metal to plastic and ceramic tile, a cordless reciprocating saw can handle the job. With the right blade and technique, you can even cut through hardened materials like brick and concrete.
Wood: Cordless reciprocating saws are great for cutting various types of wood and thicknesses. Whether it’s soft pine or hard oak, using saw will make quick work of it.
Metal: You can use a cordless reciprocating saw to cut through metal, but you’ll need to use a blade specifically designed for metal. This type blades will have teeth that are spaced farther apart and designed to cut through harder materials such as pipes, steel bars, and sheet metal.
Plastic: It can also be used to cut through plastic. But before using it it’s important to use the right blade for this type of material. As the teeth of the blade need to be sharp in order to create a clean cut.
Ceramic Tile – Ceramic tile is quite hard and can be difficult to cut with a cordless reciprocating saw. With right blade of cordless reciprocating saw you can cut tiles with a good finish. Ceramic tiles blade has diamond-tipped teeth that are designed to cut through the material.
Hardened Materials – With the right blade, a cordless reciprocating saw can also be used to cut through hardened materials such as brick and concrete. These special blades have an aggressive tooth pattern that can tackle tough materials.
How to choose the right Cordless Reciprocating Saw
There are a few things you need to take into account in order to make sure that you are choosing a right cordless reciprocating saw, for your needs. Let’s move onto that.
Consider your project that you will be use reciprocating saw for. If you only need it for light jobs around the house, then a smaller, less powerful model should suffice. However, if you plan on using it for more heavy-duty tasks, then you will need a more powerful saw that can handle the tougher material.
Another thing to keep in mind is the size of the blade. Blade size of saw will determine how big of a cut you can make with the saw. If you want to make large cuts, then you will need a saw with a large blade. However, if you only need to make small cuts, then a smaller blade should be fine.
You also need to think about the battery life when choosing a cordless reciprocating saw. For using the saw for long periods of time, you will need one with a long battery life. So that it doesn’t die on you in the middle of a job.
Finally, consider the price when choosing a cordless reciprocating saw. There are models available at all different price points, so it’s important to find one that fits into your budget.
Keep these factors in mind when shopping for a cordless reciprocating saw and you’ll be sure to find the perfect model for your needs.
Reviews Of Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- Cordless reciprocating saw features tool-free blade change
- Pivoting shoe for increased control
- Part of BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* System
- 4-position blade clamp of DEWALT 20V reciprocating saw allows for flush cutting and increased positional versatility with tool-free blade changes
- 1-1/8-inch stroke length delivers a fast cutting speed
- Variable speed trigger with 0-3000 spm provides increased blade control and fast cutting speed
- Pivoting adjustable shoe extends blade life and allows depth-of-cut control
- Rubber comfort grip delivers optimal comfort and control
- Double oil sealed shaft resists and increases durability
- Cross-compatible with all SKIL PWRCORE 20 tools, batteries, and chargers
- Cordless reciprocating saw kit for cutting through wood, fiberglass, metal, plaster, drywall, and more
- Includes a 20V reciprocating saw, Denali by SKIL 20 2.0Ah lithium battery, 2.4A charger that fully charges a 2.0Ah battery in 60 minutes and a 4.0Ah battery in 100 minutes, Allen key, and 5 blades (1-piece metal cutting blade; 2-piece wood cutting blade; 2-piece pruning blade)
- Variable speed trigger provides maximum control for different projects
- 1-inch stroke length and up to 3,000 strokes per minute for fast cutting efficiency
- LED light illuminates the work surface in dark spaces
- Adjustable pivot shoe allows for greater depth control and more efficient use of the blade
- Exposed blade for easily cutting through materials in hard to reach places
- Tool-free blade change makes the process safe and quick
- This product is covered by the Power Tool 2-Year Battery and 5-Year Tool Warranty
- 【COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT】Only 2.26 lbs(Tool Only) and size at 11-inch long which is optimized for one-handed operation and cutting into those hard-to-reach areas.
- 【POWERFUL & VERSATILE】Delivers up to 2800 SPM and a 3/4 in. stroke length makes this electric hand saw strong enough to cut through lumber, PVC piping, tree branches, and metal.
- 【EASY BLADE CHANGES】Tool-less blade change makes the process quick and seamless.
- 【VARIABLE SPEED & DOUBLE SAFETY SWITCH】Features a SAFETY BUTTON that prevents accidental opening of the machine and provides maximum control for different projects.
- 【What You Get】1*12V Reciprocating Saw; 1*12V 2.0A Battery; 1*Fast Charger; 1*Wood Blade; 1 Metal Blade; 1*User Manual
- VERSATILE APPLICATION – Cut through wood, nails, drywall, plaster, plastic, rubber composites, fiberglass, and more.
- VARIABLE-SPEED TRIGGER – Generates up to 3,000 spm of cutting power.
- PIVOTING BLADE SHOE – For maximum control when turning and adjusting the angle.
- TOOL-FREE BLADE CHANGE – Quickly swap out the blade and keep working.
- ELECTRIC BRAKE – Built-in braking mechanism for enhanced safety.
- COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT – Easy-to-maneuver design that won’t leave you feeling wiped out when you’re finished.
- POWERCONNECT BATTERY SYSTEM – Interchangeable battery system means you can use one battery for multiple different tools. (Battery not included.)
- INCLUDES – (1) BDCR20C 20V MAX* POWERCONNECT reciprocating saw, (1) reciprocating saw blade.
- Tool Free Blade Change
- Pivoting Shoe
- With the compact and lightweight design, the cordless reciprocating saw featuring 14.5-inch in total length fits between studs and allows user to make cuts in confined spaces
- 4-Position Blade Clamp allows for tool free blade changes
- 1-1/8-inch stroke length delivers fast cutting speed
- Variable Speed Trigger with 0-2,900 spm provides blade control for precision cuts
- Bright LED Light illuminates dark work areas for better visibility
- Pivoting Shoe provides versatility while cutting
- Part of the V20 cordless system
- High performance motor with 1inches Stroke length for speed of completing applications
- Full variable speed trigger ranging from 03, 000 RPM’s for added control in a variety of materials
- Tool-free blade release for quick and easy blade changes
- Compact size of 14.5 in. For cutting in tight spaces
- 3 Year Limited Warranty, refer to “Warranty & Support” section below for full details
- Variable speed motor delivers 0-3,300 strokes per minute combined with a 1/2″ length stroke to provide faster cutting
- Exclusive dual-position on/off switch design allows for either paddle or trigger switch operation
- “Tool-less” blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity; accepts both Recipro and Jig Saw blades
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- Compact design at 14-3/4″ long
- IMPORTANT: If you have any problem with the reciprocating saw or accessory you received, Please kindly contact us and we will offer you a free replacement with expedited shipping.
- [High-Performance Recip Saw] With upgraded and powerful motor, AVID POWER cordless reciprocating saw is designed to deliver up to 3,000 strokes per minute (SPM) for smooth and fast cutting.
- [Tool-free Blades Change & Shoe Adjustment] This reciprocating saw comes with a tool-free blade clamp that allows users to change the blade easily and instantly. The pivoting blade shoes can be adjusted in multi-position, which effectively improves the cutting stability and gives you better control.
- [Compact & Lightweight Design] The 20v reciprocating saw features a compact and lightweight design with an overall length of 14.9 inches and a weight of 4.4 lbs (including battery), making this saw ideal for all-day projects that reduces hand and shoulder fatigue. Built-in LED light illuminates the work space making it easy to work in low light conditions.
- [Two 2.0Ah Battery Packs with USB Output] This battery-powered reciprocating saw comes with two battery packs for longer running time of tool. With an extra battery, you won’t have to worry about running out of power in most projects. The battery packs with USB output and real-time capacity indicator is also compatible for other devices charging.
- [Wide Application] AVID POWER cordless reciprocating saw is designed for cutting wood, metal, PVC pipe and thin steel with the appropriate saw blades. This tool kit comes with 6 blades to meet various cutting needs.
Safety tips for using cordless reciprocating saw
When you are using a cordless reciprocating saw, always take safety precautions to prevent accidents. Here are some safety precautions from experts that you should take in order to avoid injury.
- Make sure that you are using is an appropriate blade for the material that you are cutting. If the blade is too small, it can break; However, if it is too large, it can cause the saw to bind.
- Install the blade on a cordless reciprocating saw according to the manufacturer’s instructions and never try to force the blade into the material.
- Be careful not to force the saw when you are cutting and guide it along the line you want to cut. If you need to make a curved cut, hold the saw at an angle so that the blade does not bind in the material.
- Turn off the saw when you’re finished with cutting and remove the blade before setting it down.
- Finally, always wear protective gear such as gloves and eye protection when using a reciprocating saw.
By following these safety tips, you can avoid accidents and injuries while using a cordless reciprocating saw.
Cordless reciprocating saw is an essential tool for any professional carpenter or DIY enthusiast. It offers power, precision, and versatility that make it a wise investment for anyone who needs to tackle a variety of cutting tasks.
With its cordless design and long-lasting battery, it’s easier than ever to work in hard-to-reach places and get the job done in record time. This versatile saw is a great choice for those looking for dependable performance and unbeatable convenience.