Fish oil supplements are some of the most useful supplements out there. This is because they provide so many essential nutrients. These nutrients help with pain relief, lung health, joint health and all manner of health benefits.
There are a lot of things to take into account when you are trying to get healthy. A balanced diet is part of it, but taking supplements is important too. This is because sometimes you just don’t have the time or patience to eat such a wide range of foods.
- Natural Pain Relief Supplement
- With highest grade EPA & DHA
- Cholesterol-Free Fish Oil Supplement
- Fish Oil Pills
- Natural Burpless Fish Oil
- Non-GMO Fish Oil
- Best Choice Fish Oil Supplement
There are a number of fish oil supplements on the market, and it can be difficult to decide which one is the best fish oil supplement to buy. Listed below are the top seven fish oil supplements on the market. This list should help you narrow down your choices when it comes to fish oil supplements.
Best Fish Oil Supplement
7. OmegaXL® 60 Count – Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acid
- Blend of 30 fatty acids
- Sourced from Green Lipped Mussel
- Contains Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Small capsules
This fish oil supplement has made a name for itself which has earned it a place on this list. The primary benefits are quite solid. The capsules are quite soft. They are small too. This combination makes them very easy to swallow. We also appreciated that the manufacturer mentioned the source of the fatty acids in these capsules. Most pills just say fish oil. Knowing the source makes this capsule more trustworthy.
All of that being said, while this capsule does offer benefits it has its drawbacks too. For example, it is not quite as effective as the other products on this list which is why it couldn’t get past seventh place. This also a fairly expensive fish oil supplement, so a lot of people might go for better options especially since they are more affordable than this one.
- Small capsules are easy to swallow
- Neutral taste
- Source of fatty acids clearly displayed
- Does not work as effectively as other products
- High price per dose
6. Res-Q 1250
- 200 capsules per bottle
- Designed to reduce cholesterol
- Blend of Omega 3 fatty acids
- Fish oil comes in gel capsules
This is a great capsule for people looking to lower their cholesterol levels. This supplement definitely has this effect. According to consumers, over time this supplement will make your health will improve. Just don’t expect it to happen quickly. Res-Q 1250 product advertises itself as a quick fix but it takes a longer time to work than you might expect. You also need to take a lot of capsules every day in order to see a legitimate effect since each capsule has a fairly low level of potency.
The fish oil in the capsules is quite pure though. It also has legitimate omegy 3 fatty acids instead of just fish oil which a lot of other products offer. This fish oil is enriched with the necessary nutrients. The aforementioned benefits as well as the high price point makes this less suitable than a lot of the other options on this list though. It is still a decent option that you can try.
- Capsules mostly comprised of fatty acids with fewer additives
- Genuinely reduces cholesterol levels
- Contains actual Omega 3 fatty acids rather than simple fish oil
- Neutral capsule flavor
- Relatively expensive compared to other capsules
- Positive effects require high capsule intake
- Does not work as quickly as advertised
5. NOW Omega-3 1000mg
- 200 capsules
- Molecularly distilled
- 1000mg per capsule
- Cholesterol free
The first thing you will like about these capsules is that they are quite potent. This is one of the main reasons why we ranked them higher than the Res-Q capsules that came in at number 6. These capsules are also soft and easy to swallow like the OmegaXL capsules in seventh place, but without the negative aspects of that product and a lot more benefits. We also appreciated how easy these capsules are on the stomach. There are no signs of gastric distress when you take this fish oil, and the capsules can be kept for a long time.
While these capsules are easy to swallow, they don’t taste very good. This spoils the experience a little and might make them tough to swallow for some. A few consumers have also reported some of the capsules containing visible impurities. You should bear all of this in mind before you buy the product.
- High dosage means daily requirement is easily met
- Soft capsules are easy to swallow
- Does not cause any gastric distress
- Capsules last quite a long time under right conditions
- Strong fishy smell makes capsules tough to swallow
- Reports of some capsules containing impurities
4. BEST TRIPLE STRENGTH Omega 3 Fish Oil Pills
- Lemon flavored
- 2500mg strength
- Molecularly distilled
- Sourced from cold US waters
This is a great fish oil that missed out on the top three by a hair. The formula is extremely potent. This is great because you have to take fewer pills every day in order to get the right dosage for improving your health. And you really do notice improvement in your overall health according to consumers that have taken this supplement regularly.
The capsules are perhaps the easiest to swallow out of all of the other products on this list. This is because of the fact that they are lemon flavored. This is even more palatable than a neutral flavor. You will also appreciate this product’s fast acting nature.
A couple things you might not like are that the capsules melt a little too easily as well as the gassiness they might cause. The formula is marketed as being burp free, but some consumers have reported feeling bloated or gassy after having it.
- Very potent formula fulfills daily requirement quickly
- Has an impact on the body soon after regular consumption
- Pleasant flavor makes capsules quite easy to swallow
- Improves heart, skin and lung health
- Prone to melting, won’t last very long
- Causes gassiness in spite of supposedly burp free formula
3. Nature Made Burpless Fish Oil 1000 mg
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Free of preservatives and yeast
- 1000mg capsules
- Contains 150 capsules
This is a great fish oil supplement for people that are particular about natural products. First of all, it is free of artificial colors and flavors. These chemicals often have an impact on the supplement so it’s good that this supplement doesn’t have them. This is also a gluten free formula which is great for people that suffer from gluten allergies. If you have a pet that needs Omega 3 fatty acids these capsules will work perfectly well for the animal a well. Unlike the Best Triple Strength capsules that came in at number four, these supplements are unlikely to cause any gas.
However, the pills are a little too hard. This makes them tough to swallow. Another problem you might have with this product is that it takes a long time for it to have a complete effect on your body, although that’s reasonable considering the additive free formula.
- Suitable for people with gluten allergies
- Mid strength formula means relaxed dosage regimen
- Pure formula free of artificial elements
- Suitable for animals as well as humans
- Does not cause fishy burps or other kinds of gassiness
- Takes a long time to have effect
- Pills are slightly hard, makes them slightly difficult to swallow
2. Dr. Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength
- Enteric coating for fast absorption
- Purified through molecular distillation
- 180 soft gel capsules per bottle
- Includes access to healthcare and diet videos
This is a great all round solution for people that need fish oil supplements. The pills absorb very quickly thanks to the enteric coating, which means that the capsules are fast acting as well. They also don’t have a bad or strong taste to them. The molecular distillation process also makes sure that the formula is extremely pure. This is one of the purest supplements that the market has to offer. Another fact that we liked is that the formula has not been genetically modified in any way, nor does it contain any GMO ingredients.
The supplement isn’t exactly perfect, though. The bottle is kind of fragile which can be a nuisance. Also, some consumers have reported that the capsules are weak too and that they frequently leak. Both these issues could potentially make a huge mess that you would have to clean up.
- Absorbed quickly into the body resulting in fast benefits
- Highly purified formula through molecular distillation
- Completely tasteless
- Sustainably sourced
- Free of genetically modified components
- Several complaints of leaking capsules
- Somewhat fragile bottle
1. Omega-3 Wild Alaskan Fish Oil
- Sourced from Wild Alaskan Pollock
- 90 day money back guarantee
- Maximum total oxidation of 5
- Comes in fish gelatin capsule
This is a fantastic fish oil supplement, and it easily won out against the other supplements on this list. The source is proudly displayed, and it is sustainable which is a big plus for environmentally conscious people. The more practical benefits are even better. The soft capsules are easy to swallow, even if they are a little too big. They also do their job quickly thanks to the high absorption rate. It is also surprising that these capsules are so cheap. Usually products of this caliber are a lot more expensive than the market average. These capsules are so cheap that pretty much anyone would be able to afford them.
They are also very long lasting. Under the right conditions they end up surviving for long periods of time. This is great for people that want to stock up on them, and helps make them even more affordable. We were hard pressed to find anything that we didn’t like about this product.
- Suitable for pescatarians
- Sustainably sourced from wild fish, not farmed
- Highly long lasting capsules under reasonable conditions
- Soft capsules that are usually easy to swallow
- Quickly has an effect on the body
- Surprisingly affordable
- Capsules are slightly large
- Stacie R. Sanders: The seller ships so fast that I barely had to wait before getting these fish oil capsules. It really helped me deal with my arthritis pain without having to take pain medication. These capsules were just what the doctor ordered.
- Brenda E. Nowakowski: I have a heart condition so I’m always looking for new things to try that can help keep me healthy. I love that these capsule are so soft. They’re kind of big but the softness makes up for it, keeping them pretty easily to swallow.
- Randy C. Hardison: I’ve been taking fish oil for quite some time now but I always hated how gassy they made me. This is honestly the first batch of fish oil capsules I have ever gotten that didn’t do that, in fact they made my stomach feel better! I honestly couldn’t believe how cheap these capsules were too, you usually don’t get good stuff at a price that’s this affordable.
- Douglas J. Rose: I’ve been doing the keto diet recently so I need to get my fats wherever I can. These pills helped me keep my fat intake up without eating too many calories or carbs. As a bonus I started to feel a lot healthier. Five stars!
- Tim O. Smith: No fishy smell, easy to swallow capsules, sustainably source, and cheap to boot. I’m pretty blown away by how amazing these capsules are. They are a dream come true and you should definitely get them if you are thinking of taking fish oil or omega 3 supplements.
Consumer reports clearly state that the Omega-3 Wild Alaskan Fish Oil is the very best in terms of soft gel fish oil supplements. The rest of the supplements on this list manage to hold their own as well, and provide many unique benefits. None of the supplements on this list are low quality. They all contain high quality formulas that will help you stay healthy as long as you take them regularly. Combined with a healthy diet and exercise these supplements can help you transform the way you live.
Buying Guide For Choosing Best fish oil supplement
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a fish oil supplement. First, it is important to choose a product that has been certified by a third party organization like the USP, NSF, or ConsumerLab. These organizations test supplements to ensure they contain the listed ingredients and do not contain harmful contaminants.
Second, it is important to choose a fish oil supplement that has been purified. This process removes unwanted toxins and chemicals from the oil, resulting in a product that is much safer to consume.
Third, it is important to choose a fish oil supplement that is high in omega-3 fatty acids. These essential nutrients are important for maintaining heart health, brain function, and joint health.
Finally, it is important to choose a fish oil supplement that is affordable. There is no need to spend a lot of money on a quality product.
When selecting a fish oil supplement, it is important to read the label carefully. The label should list the EPA and DHA content, as well as the amount of other omega-3 fatty acids present. It is also important to check the serving size and expiration date.
When taking a fish oil supplement, it is important to follow the directions on the label. Fish oil supplements can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. It is important to start with the lowest recommended dose and increase gradually as needed.
Caution: It is important to speak with a healthcare professional before taking a fish oil supplement, especially if you have a medical condition or are taking medication.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fish oil is an oil that is extracted from the tissues of oily fish. Fish oil supplements are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential nutrients for the body.
Fish oil supplements have a range of health benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and boosting brain function.
Fish oil supplements are generally safe for most people. However, they may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, bleeding disorders, or kidney disease.
When choosing a fish oil supplement, it is important to select a product that is high in omega-3 fatty acids and free from contaminants, such as mercury.
Fish oil supplements are typically taken in capsule form. The recommended dosage varies depending on the product.
When purchasing fish oil supplements, look for a product that has been third-party tested and is free of contaminants.